Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

Join the discussions, Register Now!
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by LarryH View Post
    That's a first gen iPhone with a 3G signal. Conspiracy?
    it was the only image Apple had on their PR site at the time.

Here is a pic of the pic of the printer giving birth to the poster -

I have a poster of the time magazine cover when the G4 iMac was announced.

I also have a wooden sign with Alfred Hitchcock on it as part of Apple's Think Different campaign.
    ** iMac 3.4ghz QCi7, 16GB RAM, 4TB SSHD, 500GB SSD, 6970 2GB **
    ** MacBook Pro. C2D 2.2ghz, 4gb RAM, 480gb SSD, 8600M GT 128mb **
    ** G5 Dual 2ghz, 4gb RAM, 750gb HD, 6800 Ultra DDL 256mb & XServe RAID 7TB**

A recent trip to the Apple Merchandise store in Cupertino a few weeks back, I could have got so much more...

Quote Originally Posted by Mafesto View Post
    A recent trip to the Apple Merchandise store in Cupertino a few weeks back, I could have go so much more...

Hey hope ya don't mind me asking but how much was each item if you remember? I hope that water bottle didnt cost $50 dollars or something lol
    Feedback (6)

Quote Originally Posted by mattcooper View Post
    Hey hope ya don't mind me asking but how much was each item if you remember? I hope that water bottle didnt cost $50 dollars or something lol
    It was actully reasonably cheap, the Apple wind sweater was $35, the water bottle about $5, the key rings about $4, the leather card holder was $12, the Mophine Juice Pack Air was $75, the hats varied from $14-$25, the spring card access holders were about $4 so it was very reasonable.

I was actually walking around 1 Infinate Loop taking photo's of the building and had 2 security cars come screeching up to me asking me why I was taking pics of the HQ and what I was going to do with the pics, they asked if I was 'scouting' the building. When I said I was an Aussie fanboy playing in my own wonderland they laughed and actually took a pic for me right at the staff entrance.

So much stuff there, I think all up it was under $200 including the Mophie Juice Pack Air (which is great).

After nearly being arrested outside of Apple HQ @ 1 Infinate Loop for taking photo's of the building the security guards kindly took a pic for me, eyes closed and his fingers in the photo but all was good in the end!

Arrested by security guards, I wouldn't have a bar of that!

Didnt realize they were so strict on security issues there, must be lots of secret things inside.
    MacBook Pro 13" | iPhone 4S 16GB |

will my little bit of fame well it was 12 years ago
    Those are my principles. If you don't like them I have others
    Groucho Marx 1870-1977

Quote Originally Posted by farscape View Post
    will my little bit of fame well it was 12 years ago
    That is pretty cool dude

I have a 5GB Click Wheel iPod in orginal shrink wrap (in a bank deposit box!) as I hope to retire from it in 15 years
    Jeloz
    mac 4 years....Frequency was Apple heaven..now embracing new technologies...
    http://www.oxxdigital.com.au
    http://www.jays.se

Default Newton H1000

I don't normally show off the items in my little collection, but it's a rainy afternoon and I was just taking stock of things because I'm about to sell a heap of my old Mac stuff (definitely not this one though).

Full Size

Full Size

This is the original Newton MessagePad (H1000).
    It's in surprisingly good condition, and works perfectly. Runs Newton OS 1.1.1.
    As you can see, I managed to pick it up with all the original manuals and documentation - and even the Welcome to Newton video tape!
    ...because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do.

Oh the Newton!

I so loved that device!

In fact, I just want someone, anyone to port a copy of powerforms from the Newton to the iPhone!

A grand device!

I have quite a few Apple trinkets here and there, a Macintosh, a Newton, a QuickTake, an Apple II... but I don't think i've ever been so proud of a set as I have with the gear that arrived today.

Took a bit of hunting around the SA school system to find the iMac, and the iPod had to be shipped from the United States, but both are here now, cleaned up and looking beautiful. Intend to keep them as nice as possible for years to come. (right after I took that photo, a lot of that stuff went back into its cases/boxes, being incredibly careful with it all)

It's almost like a shrine to Jony Ive and the Minimalism Era.
    Last edited by iMic; 20th February 2010 at 01:17 PM.

Fantastic stuff guys!! I am so envious!!!!

I would KILL for an Apple water bottle!! Anyone wana make a bit of a profit on one/???
    Trades with, Huy, PatrickH, tkilik11, chris, Taezar, bennyling, Simo, stewiesno1, MissionMan, cgollner, napes, mechcon, lama323, snagage, ClockWork, Beau, Rasta, Freeze, Petecario, Simmo, Tokevmur, Beaner, thebookfreak58, Boddiz, neg2led, Foxy

Quote Originally Posted by iMac600 View Post
    I have quite a few Apple trinkets here and there, a Macintosh, a Newton, a QuickTake, an Apple II... but I don't think i've ever been so proud of a set as I have with the gear that arrived today.

Took a bit of hunting around the SA school system to find the iMac, and the iPod had to be shipped from the United States, but both are here now, cleaned up and looking beautiful. Intend to keep them as nice as possible for years to come. (right after I took that photo, a lot of that stuff went back into its cases/boxes, being incredibly careful with it all)

It's almost like a shrine to Jony Ive and the Minimalism Era.
    Nice work with the iMac! Having owned one I think it's one of Apple's best ever products; great overall quality, functionality and design! Was a real joy to use! I also have a soft spot for it because I transitioned to OS X on that machine! Exciting times!

If you can, try to find the matching Harmon Kardon speakers that came with it also...they sounded really great also.

Quote Originally Posted by simonm View Post
    Nice work with the iMac! Having owned one I think it's one of Apple's best ever products; great overall quality, functionality and design! Was a real joy to use! I also have a soft spot for it because I transitioned to OS X on that machine! Exciting times!

If you can, try to find the matching Harmon Kardon speakers that came with it also...they sounded really great also.
    Definitely agree there. As much as I love my Intel iMac, the iMac G4 is magical in comparison courtesy of that floating display. It's just so simple to position it wherever you want, up high and back to watch a movie or down low and close to get down to work. We lost that kind of stuff with the G5 onwards, height and distance adjustments, not to mention pivot (without dragging the stand). Somehow doubt they could have put a 27" up there though as even at 20" it was getting a bit out of hand.

I'll try and find the Harman Kardon speakers to match it, although I was pretty lucky to find the machine alone and wouldn't know where to begin in the hunt for them. The MacTalk Trading Post and eBay come to mind, perhaps some of the Apple parts retailers, but it's a bit of a long shot.

Thinking about reinstalling Mac OS X Jaguar on the iMac, with iTunes 4 or earlier, just so it's all 2002-ish to match...

Just an update while i'm here, a couple more shots of my Apple collectibles. Not trinkets or various bits as pieces as such, just some collectible Apple hardware from years past...

The iPod, complete kit...

The Macintosh 512Ke Kit (as seen in this thread)
    Last edited by iMic; 21st February 2010 at 01:30 AM.

Nice set. Gotta love the snow-white printer and floppy drive. My 512k is in an epic state of disrepair right now - no working floppy drives (neither internal or external) and quite a bit of yellowing on the plastic. Can't say the same about my Platinum plus though. Although the ROM is dead, I have the original keyboard, mouse, manuals, disks, hats and drives that came with it (all in mint condition). I'm in the midst of doing a cut and shut job to switch the ROM with a beige plus (with a dead PSU). Hopefully once it's back in one piece I can get some photos up ; ).

-Nic

It seems to be a common occurrence for the ROM chips to give up in these. The 512Ke pictured above had a bad ROM HI chip, but a good ROM LOW. I just took the ROM HI chip from a Beige Plus and swapped it in, booted first go. Ever since i've been looking for a replacement Mac Plus ROM kit...

Best of luck with the Plus, doesn't sound like too hard a repair but it'll be nice to see it up and running afterward.

Thanks iMac - I've had to put the repair on hold due to my lack of suitable screwdriver for the screw above the battery slot XX(. I have also decided to replace the PSU in the Beige Plus, as I've discovered a bit of case damage on my Platinum. I've made progress on my 512k though - I've fixed up my M0130 external floppy drive, and plan to transplant the floppy drive from the dead plus to the 512k. If I find that I still have a working Hi Rom on the Plus, I may be able to send them to you (perhaps in exchange for a boot disk for my 512k )
    Mac 512k, Mac Plus Platinum, Mac IIfx 8mb, Powermac 8500 (upgraded to 8600/200), Powermac 6500/300, Powermac G3/300 512mb, Powermac G4 'Sawtooth' 400 1024mb, iMac G3 Bondi, iMac G3 Lime, e8400 Wintel PC

Let me know how it goes. Pretty sure I have a few 512k series boot disks around here, i'll find them and test a few but they've otherwise been well looked after.

I still need to find out which ROM is toasted in it, i'm 90% sure it was the ROM HI chip but can't be entirely sure. May have to dig the machine out of the shed tomorrow and take a look.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast