Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

Join the discussions, Register Now!

Default why is telstra not on iphone ads?

i was just wondering why is telstra not on the iphone ads as is voda and optus?

They came into the picture very very late in the game, like a week before the iPhone 3G release so they probably missed out on all the marketing material.
    Macbook Pro 2.4Ghz Unibody goodness
    20 Inch Cinema Display
    8Gb 3G iPhone, 3rd gen iPod Nano 4Gb, 3rd gen U2 ipod 20Gb

I've seen iPhone ads with the Telstra logo at the end. It is the same ad as the Voda and Optus ones.

i herd it was becuase of their crap plans they offer and apple doesnt't like them.

Tragedies's Avatar Tragedies is offline I reject your reality, and substitute my own.

Wouldn't to be hard to believe, with Telstra criticizing the iPhone months ago. I'm sure, though, they'll have some ads up eventully. If ANZ banking can have an iPhone ad, I'm sure Telstra can, too.

Telstra probably was too stingy to pay for a spot on the iPhone ads.
    MacBook Pro Core i5 2.4Ghz| iPad 32GB | MacBook Air 1.8/80 |PowerBook G4 12" | iMac Core 2 Duo 20" | iPod Mini 4GB | iPhone 8GB (1.1.3)

Probably,
    White  24" iMac 2.16GHz 1GB RAM 160GB HDD |  MBP 2.4 Silver & Black | Powerbook G4 12" | Silver  Powerbook G4 17 | White  MacBook 2GHz 1GB RAM | White  iPhone 16GB

I see plently of the Telstra iPhone ads on TV, though mainly on Foxtel.
    MacBook Unibody 2.4GHz // iPhone 4 32GB (Telstra) // iPad 2 64GB Wifi+3G
    twitter | lifestream | last.fm

My guess is Telstra demanded to put their own content within Apple's commercial- specifically the father and son comedy duo from their 'to keep the rabbits out' tour de force.

That said, the Bigpond ad does offer the right amount of frustration I have come to expect when dealing with Telstra.

This is a sillly thread, Telstra has ads on TV, same as the others. why not ask the question, why are Vodafone and Optus not advertising the iPhone in the print media?
    "I want to lie, Shipwrecked and comotose, drinking fresh Mango Juice'.

www.barcoasters.com.au

Quote Originally Posted by silverdreamer View Post
    This is a sillly thread, Telstra has ads on TV, same as the others. why not ask the question, why are Vodafone and Optus not advertising the iPhone in the print media?
    Whilst I'm not the biggest Telstra fan around I agree that this thread is silly. Btw love your new avatar. Is that a pic of you after paying your Telstra bill?

Quote Originally Posted by the_doctor View Post
    Whilst I'm not the biggest Telstra fan around I agree that this thread is silly. Btw love your new avatar. Is that a pic of you after paying your Telstra bill?
    I'm glad you like it! seemed appropriate as everyone keeps telling I am losing an arm and a leg with Telstra.
    "I want to lie, Shipwrecked and comotose, drinking fresh Mango Juice'.

www.barcoasters.com.au

Keep in mind that a lot of Telstra's offshoots are in direct competition with Apple or their partners. Bigpond Music, Sensis etc. Obviously crazy if they didn't make the iPhone available to their customers (because a lot of people would have left Telstra to get the phone with Optus/Voda/etc), but don't expect Telstra to make everyone think the iPhone is the be all and end all of phones.