Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

Join the discussions, Register Now!

Default Stuck on white apple logo...

Okay.. interesting thing occured on my iPhone 3G.. with 2.0.2 (not jailbroken/hacked either). I was just in the middle of arranging icons, and then bam! froze!

So I then thought okay, I'll turn it off (holding home + power together) and turn the device off.. turn it on again, and it's still sitting at the white apple logo screen, and has sat there for ages..

Sadly I'm at work, and haven't got access to my settings/contacts/whatnot at work (except via mobile me, but that'll overwrite my contacts on my login), is there anything else that I can try to repair it without having to restore it? Otherwise I'll have to wait till I get home :\

Same thing happened to me, and it's happened a couple of times now. I waited for it to boot for so long, eventually giving up and just restoring.

this happened to me also on the weekend. Tried all the things you have tried. Even itunes wouldnt recognise the iphone!

I ended up booking a "genies" at the local chatswood apple store. He ended up restoring the iphone. This cleared the whole thing. When I got home itunes synced up everything the way I had previous to the freeze.

Good Luck!

Okay, so I've had to do a restore.. now is there a way to say take the backup file that is used for backup of the iphone on the original workstation, and put it onto another authorised machine? or would it be easier to simply duplicate an "emergency" itunes library on a secondary (or work) machine?

UPDATE: Okay.. going to see if I can copy over the backup files from my desktop to say a work machine or my laptop, and see if that'll accept the backup as well should this shit happen again.. when it happens again..