Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

Join the discussions, Register Now!

Default "cannot connect to itunes store"

I get this message all the time (see thread title), and very rarely can connect to the app store. How do i fix this?
    * iPhone 5 16GB Black & Slate * MacBook Pro 15" Mid 10 2.67GHz Core i7 8GB RAM Mountain Lion 10.8.2 * Samsung 1TB External *
    I am Andrew759 on MacRumors.

Happens on all of them. i just got thru then but rarely can i get through at all.
    * iPhone 5 16GB Black & Slate * MacBook Pro 15" Mid 10 2.67GHz Core i7 8GB RAM Mountain Lion 10.8.2 * Samsung 1TB External *

Restart iPhone.
    Reset Network Settings.
    Airplane mode ON then OFF.
    Restore firmware.
    Try another SIM.
    Try another WiFi AP (e.g. neighbour's)
    Try another ISP (e.g. neighbour's).

Anything?
    App Store works fine here.

I have the same issue when using itunes it looks like apple maybe doing some work for the upcoming itunes 8
    Nick Named RatBag for a very good reason

I am getting this message when trying to update apps from the computer interface. The funny thing is, even though it comes up with that error, the app will still download.

tried all that except neighbours ISP and WIFI, they don't actually have WIFI and there arent any other neighbours.

Since updating to iTunes 8 _and trying to connect to the US Store_ I'm getting a 'Could not complete the itunes Store request. The Store may be busy. Check your Internet connection or try again later' error coming up. BUT this is only on my iMac running 10.4.11, Whereas my laptop (using the same airport connection) but running Leopard has no problem at all. Both work fine on the AUS store. Furthermore I can still search the US store and even make purchases, but can't drill back to the 'home' button on iTunes without the same error.

Anyone else experiencing the same thing?
    If God doesn't believe in you, does that mean you don't exist?

iMac 27" i5, iPad 16GB, iMac 20" Core2duo, MacBook Penryn 2.4, MacBook 2.0 Ghz, PowerMac G4 MDD 1.0, iPhone 3G 16GB, iPod Touch 16GB, iPod Nano 4GB, iPod Shuffle 1GB

... Still interested to hear if other Tiger users are having trouble getting onto the US Store in iTunes8?
    If God doesn't believe in you, does that mean you don't exist?

iMac 27" i5, iPad 16GB, iMac 20" Core2duo, MacBook Penryn 2.4, MacBook 2.0 Ghz, PowerMac G4 MDD 1.0, iPhone 3G 16GB, iPod Touch 16GB, iPod Nano 4GB, iPod Shuffle 1GB

still having random problems - and this thread is about the iPhone. Theres not trouble with iTunes 8 for me. I can almost always connect to the iTunes Music store on iPhone but rarely can I connect to the App Store. It just says 'cannot connect to iTunes store" restarting the router works for a while - maybe a day or two, then problems persist. Safari has had no problems, weather has had no problems and stocks hasnt and maps hasnt.

Maybe the router firewall on the main pc on our network is stopping the phone from accessing the internet, itunes specific? I dont know. I just need some ideas.