Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

Join the discussions, Register Now!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default iPhone 3G - Jailbroken - GPS Issue

Anyone out there have a problem with their GPS since they completed jailbreaking their iPhone 3G?

Before I did the jailbreak, GPS worked absolutely perfectly, down to following along in real time when driving. Last night, I commenced jailbreaking my iPhone (everything completed successfully, with no errors) and today, when attempting to use GPS, all I get is a very wide circle indicating that I'm in the Sydney CBD. Pre-jailbreak, it would pinpoint exactly where I was, down to which side of my office building I was in.

Has anyone experienced this issue? Better yet, does anyone know how to FIX it so it works the way it used to?

Many thanks in advance.
    iMac - 27"/2013
    MBP - 15"/2013
    iPhone 6+ - 128gb/Telstra

It's probably not a problem with the Jailbreak

Sometimes the GPS can't get a lock, so it goes off the Tower and Wifi location services which means it'll give you a giant round crosshair covering your general area.

Hrm. Weird.

Thanks Linux! I'll give it a bash when I get home or something, see if there's any difference.

EDIT: There was indeed a difference. Seems the 3 network has trouble locating you when you're indoors. Outdoors, it works perfectly.
    iMac - 27"/2013
    MBP - 15"/2013
    iPhone 6+ - 128gb/Telstra

I got that wide circle on Maps around the same time as you, but it ended up sorting itself out.
    Macbook Pro 13" (Mac OS X 10.10.2) | iPod Nano 16 GB | STM Rogue Backpack | iPhone 6 64GB Space Grey