Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

Join the discussions, Register Now!

Thread: iPhone Plans

Default iPhone Plans

Hey Everyone,

I'm just looking at the plans from Optus for the iPhone and I was wondering what the difference between a "Cap plan" and a "plan" is. Also, it says iphone payments, does that mean you pay the plan plus that per month, in the words of pauline hanson "please explain"

There is no 'Plan'. The only plans Optus offer are 'Cap Plans' and 'Yes Plans'. The Cap plans are slightly more expensive but give you more calls and text credit.

thats what i meant, is that cap plan meaning that you can only spend say 19$ a month, and the "yes" plan you can go over 19$ or your specified amount?

If you are looking at Optus, I highly recommend looking at Virgin. Same network, much better plan.

In essence the $70 plan gives you a non-contract plan with $520 worth calls/text etc, and 1GB data. Then for $4 more per month for 24 months you get a 16gb iPhone (Virgin actually pay $36 per month off the phone for you).

Better yet, after 6 months it costs nothing to leave the plan as it is non contract, and you only need to pay out the remaining amount from $864 (iPhone handset cost).

Optus are so much more expensive - even on the $19 per month plan, after paying the $19, to get a 16Gb iPhone you have to pay another $26 per month over 24 months or $61 per month over 12 months - and those 24 or 12 months are contract months, ie you pay lots to break out if you wanna change.

Regards,
    Shane.

also so you know with the Optus 'yes' plans, the included $19 is something like $14 worth of calls and texts and $5 towards your mobile data of 100mb

I had no idea that virgin were carrying the iPhone, thanks, i'll look into it.