Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

Join the discussions, Register Now!

Default Safari Constantly Crashing

Is anyone else experiencing Safari routinely crashing - usually on quite intensive sites - for example The Age frequently crashes, as do a number of other sites. This happens pretty much every time I use it for an extended period of time (i.e. over 5 minutes)

My Contact and SMS lag appears to be getting worse, the wait for contacts to load, and particularly to select a letter from the right of the screen is taking 10 seconds or there abouts. Very hard to show your friends how great the phone is when even the simplest of tasks is so embarrassingly slow!

BTW, I didn't notice safari crashing very often with 2.0 or 2.0.1...

yes I get crashing a lot with smh.com.au (sister site of the age), i notice that it loads quite a lot quicker when you turn off the javascript. smh has a lot of javascript which is probably why it takes a while to load.

hey, I've noticed it on mine too, I have only used 2.0.2 though... sorry I don't have any solution

occasional crashes...
    but far too many frustrations when I see "Safari Can't find the server" error which - is fixed my refreshing the page!!
    sigh
    mulitple iOS devices - iPhone, iPad Air, and iPod nano
    Mac OS X
    - 13 MacBook Pro with Retina, Mac mini for media server, and a Mac Book Air here somewhere still too

I get the occasional crash on safari. An App i downloaded (doodleit) is shocking though. If you can run it for more then two minutes your extremely lucky. It's free so I shouldn't expect to much!
    The family:
    iPod Nano Graphite 8GB 6th Gen / iPhone 4 32GB Black / iPad 2 16GB wifi
    iMac 21.5" / Mac Mini / AirPort Extreme / AirPort Express

I've had Safari crash consistently with these two websites:

Connex Melbourne Trains Australia - Home

and

Metlink - Your guide to public transport in Melbourne and Victoria

Which is a shame - since they are fundamentally the same thing - looking up train timetables. I could use iTransit - but it only looks up the next available train/tram etc. I need the whole table to check up available trains....and it sucks when I'm out and about and need to catch a train and wanting to know the next few options..and then to have Safari crash out on me.
    | MacBook Air 11" | Mac Mini 2011| iPhone 5 64GB | iPad Mini 16GB | iPod Nano 4GB | iPod Hi-Fi | AirPort Extreme |
    | Traded | Huy | Alessiman | DagrtheSnide | alan7948 | iCameron | chris | dsiew |

Yeah i get it now and then. Only happens on the info heavy sites like afl.com.au. I hope this gets fixed in the rumored September patch.
    17" Unibody Macbook Pro 2.8GHz iPhone3G S⃣ 32GB Black 16GB iPod Nano Black Airport Extreme TV 160GB 16GB iPad 3G
    Canon 550D - 18-55 IS, 50mm f1.8

Even ipod crashes a lot if u have all ur music with album artwork
    anybody experiencing the same problem?