Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

Join the discussions, Register Now!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Lemon

Default Lemon

I want to get an iPhone but there seems to be so many issues. Everything from laggy keyboard and no sms alerts to overheating phones (wonders about safety issues regarding wireless radios), cracks and no network coverage.

Whats the chance you get a lemon iPhone ? or are all iPhone owners experiencing issues? or will all theses problems be fixed in a firmware update?

mine is fine..

laggy contacts list is my only complaint, and issues with networks are not limited to iphone use...

meh.. just get one
    2008 MBP 2.4Ghz 4GigRam, vista server with 2 TB, iPhone 3g white, Ps3, logitech z680 5.1 system, LG 42inch HD plasma, Wii,

2.0 was rushed...Happy?

laggy contacts list is my only complaint
    Out of interest how many apps have you installed? and how many contacts do you have

If you stay official 9/10 you'll most likley be fine!
    what do you do if you get the bad one in 10

I hope things like laggy contacts will be fixed with future software upgrades.

I think the contact list only lags when it is checking mobile me for an update... it only usually lags for 2 or 3 secs when i first open it and then it is fine.
    / Black Macbook / 2GHz / Leopard
    // 24" iMac / 2.33GHz / Leopard
    /// iPhone 3G / 16 GB Black

Quote Originally Posted by Philly View Post
    It's the owners who fiddle with things, hack things and don't stick to the official software that gain more of a chance that their iphone will die.

If you stay official 9/10 you'll most likley be fine!
    He was talking about official firmware issues.

Jivec, its 99% all stuff that can be fixed with one single update. Apple rushed 2.0 to get it out in time for the iPhone 3G. I'm sure the main problems will be fixed soon.

Actually, I find mine better after jailbreaking.

if you get a bad one, wouldnt you just return it as a warranty claim?

i get keyboard lag, maybe once a week. to me its not a reason not to get one,
     Macbook 2.1 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 2 GB  Macbook Pro 1.83 GHz Intel Core Duo 1 GB
    TV 160GB iPod Nano 2GB  iPhone 3G 16GB

Quote Originally Posted by Jivec View Post
    Out of interest how many apps have you installed? and how many contacts do you have
    I have 70, and my contacts are 'laggy as'.

Happy?

Edge Guest

It's the owners who fiddle with things, hack things and don't stick to the official software that gain more of a chance that their iphone will die.
    Bullshit.

Please stick to the facts.

I would have to agree that 2.0 was rushed, im sure in the next update a few things will be fixed up.
    MacBook Pro 13" | iPhone 4S 16GB |

Quote Originally Posted by jppat View Post
    I think the contact list only lags when it is checking mobile me for an update... it only usually lags for 2 or 3 secs when i first open it and then it is fine.
    I don't use mobile me or sync my contacts with google, yet I still get about 5 seconds of lag when opening the contact list.

(already answered)

Happy?
    We were merely correcting you, no need to get upset.

very happy with mine.

only complain...like the others....a laggy contacts. but i noticed that if i use my contacts list via my phone icon, it is exceptionally fast.

no issue with network what so ever. better coverage but paying for it. :o
    though it got better with the news that they are giving us more data!! horrah.

only issue so far is the laggy Contact problem.

After playing around with it I've noticed it's only laggy the first time you go into it, after pulling back the first contact it's very responsive - same behavior when accessing Contacts via the Phone.

I must admit after reading all the issues being listed, I am fairly relieved to have got a good one - I'm hoping Apple will fix the lag issue.

I don't have MobileMe either and lag via Contacts app is shiite but ok when accessing it via phone icon as mentioned previously.

I'm happy with mine and the only complaints are:

• When showing off apps to friends, it always decides to crash leaving me a little embarassed
    • Picking up calls via headset microphone does not work and neither does the music skip function when doing the 2 quick presses

Looking forward to 2.1

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast