Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

Join the discussions, Register Now!

Default Mobileme email disappeared !!!!

Hi - Looks like Mobileme's troubled birth is still happening. Was looking at my email via the web last night, when the screen refreshed and all my emails disappeared ! 600 gone !

I went and checked via mail.app and sure enough all gone !

Let's say wife wasnt impressed. I was actually able to recover from Time Machine (thank the lord for that !!).

Anyway, I know this post doesnt ' achieve much - just wanted to warn the folks know out there that this Mobileme could still be a bit dodgy........ I did read on Apple Discussions forums that other people have suffered this issue as well.

A lesson to backup, backup and backup !!

Cheers.
    iMac Core 2 Duo 24 " 4.0GB, 4TB Drobo , iPod Touch 16GB, Black iPod 5G+ 80 GB, 1GB iPod Shuffle, Mac Mini G4, AppleTv, AppleTV2, AirportExpress, AirportExtreme, 2 TB Time Capsule, 32GB White iPhone 3GS, 32 GB 3G iPad, MacBookPro 13" i5 2.3Ghz.

and it just keeps on getting funnier..... now my xxxxxx@mac.com address is an unknown or illegal and my @mac.com userid doesnt exist..... <sigh> - how many emails missed today o apple ?.

The original message was received at Fri, 25 Jul 2008 00:47:56 -0700 (PDT)
    from webmail031-s [10.13.128.31]

----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors -----
    <xxxxxxxxx@mac.com>
    (reason: 550 5.1.1 unknown or illegal alias: xxxxxxxx@mac.com)

----- Transcript of session follows -----
    ... while talking to smtp-mx3.mac.com.:
    >>> DATA
    <<< 550 5.1.1 unknown or illegal alias: xxxxxxxx@mac.com
    550 5.1.1 <xxxxxxxx@mac.com>... User unknown
    <<< 554 5.5.0 No recipients have been specified.

Just wait and hope its fixed soon.

P.S. the @me.com one works fine
    iMac Core 2 Duo 24 " 4.0GB, 4TB Drobo , iPod Touch 16GB, Black iPod 5G+ 80 GB, 1GB iPod Shuffle, Mac Mini G4, AppleTv, AppleTV2, AirportExpress, AirportExtreme, 2 TB Time Capsule, 32GB White iPhone 3GS, 32 GB 3G iPad, MacBookPro 13" i5 2.3Ghz.

I've had mine disappeared but they would sync back down once i quit and relaunched mail so it's wasn't as bad as yours.
    Have you tried to call apple and complain?
    My Macs: MacBook Pro 17", Powerbook Ti 867Mhz, Powermac 5500 Black, iBook G3 900Mhz, Powermac MDD, Powermac 8600 250Mhz, Intel Core Duo 1.66Ghz Mac Mini, iMac G4 17" 1Ghz, eMac 1Ghz, eMac 800Mhz,
    AppleCollector Sales Service/Sales/Support/Trade In's

Quote Originally Posted by applecollector View Post
    I've had mine disappeared but they would sync back down once i quit and relaunched mail so it's wasn't as bad as yours.
    Have you tried to call apple and complain?
    No - i have sent notes off to "support". No responses as yet.

Update: Miraculously, main @mac.com is working again. Dont think it had anything to do with my support request. Seems to me, Mobileme is up and down like a brides nightie - at least for as far as I am concerned. Hopefully will settle now. When it works it is pretty cool.

Cheers