Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

Join the discussions, Register Now!
Page 11 of 31 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Welcome to the forums.
    Ebay has stuff come up like this every now and then.

Stewie
    Lotsa Macs - PM's , G3's , G4's & Powerbooks - Love 'em
    ----------------

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicII View Post
    I finally found a nice Tam after looking for what seems like a really really long time.
    Congrats! They're getting fewer and fewer these days...

I am missing a few things like the cd's, cd case and pen and pencil. Do these rare items ever come up for sale that you guys have seen?
    Haven't seen them come up on eBay for a fair while... they used to pop up a lot in the late 90's/early 00's... now... not so much.

Also is the cd door supposed to pop open a little bit or are you supposed to pull it open after you push the button to open it?
    You push the button (or tell the computer to eject) and the door should open all the way on its own with a loud click... (um.. the click may be a sound effect of the operating system... I forget :} )
    MacTalk - the bianca's of geekdom
    thecosmichobo - as seen on YouTube - "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" "Bigger on the Inside?" "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!" and lots more!

Quote Originally Posted by cosmichobo View Post

You push the button (or tell the computer to eject) and the door should open all the way on its own with a loud click... (um.. the click may be a sound effect of the operating system... I forget :} )

Thanks for the reply!!!

When I push mine the door unlocks but the door does not come down. If i lightly pull it, the door comes down just fine. I am just wondering if there is a spring in the hinge that is not working properly or something?

Yeah, I'd guess the spring isn't working... Not going to be easy to fix unfortunately - well, unless you're happy pulling the TAM apart.
    thecosmichobo - as seen on YouTube - "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" "Bigger on the Inside?" "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!" and lots more!

I'd say the spring has become unhooked from whatever tensions it.

In addition to what Cosmichobo has said, it's probably not worth pulling the whole unit apart to fix it, personally I'd leave it as is. Like you say, if you just gently pull on the drive door to help it, it opens fine anyway.

PS. This thread needs more pics...

More questions!

So I am taking advantage of the fantastic Bose sound system, but would like to play mp3's and still use the remote control. Any program out there that will take advantage of the remote??

I forgot to mention that 4 Tam's are on ebay right now!

Doen't iTunes 2.0 for OS9 let you play mp3's ?
    iTunes 2.0.4 for Mac OS 9: Information and Download

Stewie
    Lotsa Macs - PM's , G3's , G4's & Powerbooks - Love 'em
    ----------------

Indeed it does. There's also Audion, which I used to use back in the day, which is now free!
    Good. Fast. Cheap. Pick two...

Quote Originally Posted by stewiesno1 View Post
    Doen't iTunes 2.0 for OS9 let you play mp3's ?
    Yes but doesn't support the Apple remote. In fact I don't know of any app that supports except the Apple CD Player and TV app; perhaps you could go crazy with some Applescripts or something that'll make it work under iTunes or Audion.

JB

Ahh, ya I am only running os8 right now.

It really would be great to be able to use the remote with Mp3's!

Default ClassicII

Classic II - I got your VM. Uploading now - sent you a PM with location/directions.

Anyone see Seinfeld on GO today..

Jerry was using his TAM mac pretty cool to see.

Hello chaps.

My TAM's are on ebay!

Apple Twentieth Anniversary Macintosh TAM MAC x2 (two!) on eBay (end time 26-Oct-09 07:33:35 GMT)

Shame really, but I'm out of space :-(

I am happy to ship to Australia, but have no idea on the cost. I'll find out this week.

Cheers!
    Last edited by stevecole; 19th October 2009 at 05:35 PM. Reason: wrong url

Hey Guys!

I cant seem to get my ethernet to work. I have a Digital 21143 Farallon ethernet card. I tried to select "ethernet" from tcp/ip settings in os8 and "ethernet" is not an option to pick.

When I plug in the cable i get 1 green on the card but it does not go green on my network hub.

Do I not have drivers installed or is the card not working right?

I wonder if one of these will work in the TAM?
    MacWireless - Wireless Cards & Adapters - 11b PCI Card

I currently have a USB card installed, but maybe I could just transfer stuff off it wirelessly.

Quote Originally Posted by leon View Post
    I wonder if one of these will work in the TAM?
    MacWireless - Wireless Cards & Adapters - 11b PCI Card

I currently have a USB card installed, but maybe I could just transfer stuff off it wirelessly.
    My gut says no... because they only quote G3+ models as compatible... and pre-G3 architecture was pretty different...

Page 11 of 31 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast