67 27.13%
  • two to three weeks

34 13.77%
  • three to four weeks

18 7.29%
  • more than four weeks

30 12.15%
Page 1 of 83 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Default Rainchecked with Optus? - When will they have stock? - What have you been told?

I have signed a contract for an 8GB at the Optus World Store on Cnr of Elizabeth Street and Collins Streets in Melbourne and am now officially on the 'raincheck' list. I signed on Monday 14 July and was told the phone would arrive in 2 to 3 weeks. Am interested to hear what others have been told when signing with Optus.

I signed up over the phone to 16gb Black with Optus over the phone and am told delivery on 1st Aug. That may be different to retail stores though

Can't wait

I was told Wednesday (tomorrow) but that doesn't seem to realistic now.

At first I was gunna say there's enough threads for this but this is specific to optus so I reckon it should stay.

Signed up for a black + white 16gigger on Saturday was told "should be this week". I'll call 'em on Thursday if I've not heard by then.

Signed up at the OptusWorld store at Southland, Victoria (level 3 outside BigW)
    [B]| Flickr | blog | MacTalk Podcaster | Official PM-Bid Hater #1

Ordered at 10:30am Friday 11 July over the phone through Optus business sales (16GB white). Was told when ordering to expect delivery Monday or Tuesday (today) at best, or 5-10 working days at worst. I called Optus yesterday afternoon and was told my iPhone should arrive today.

I called Optus at about 11am today to try and get a consignment/shipping reference and was told I would not be getting my phone until 1 August.

The reason given was Optus were expecting 200,000 iPhones to be delivered from Apple yesterday and only 100,000 turned up. Even if that is the case, and given when I placed my order I would have expected to be included in the 100,000 phones that have been supplied.

Generally speaking the phone staff have been great, but I'm less than impressed with this supply cock up and the misinformation I have been given!

I just called up, she said rather confidently that seeing as I had rainchecked one (6th on the list), that it would be in on Friday

edit: The phone model I'm getting is the 16GB Black version
    32GB iPhone 3GS, Unibody MacBook Pro.
    last.fm| trades: anaami, Bob, vwl, and lots of other people.

I was told 2 weeks

signed up yesterday...advised hopefully Friday (only because I want white though...black would be a whole other story)...we'll see
     PowerPC 6100/60AV, PowerPC G3, 12" G4 iBook, 17" G5 iMac, 24" white iMac, 30Gb white iPod, white PSP slim'n'lite, white 16Gb iPhone 

"Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb"
    - Batman

T-Life melbourne got more 16Gb and 8Gb in today.

Allphones Werribee told me they're getting stock on sat and only have 4 on their raincheck list.
    OPtusworld Brunswick said 4-6 Weeks
    Optusworld North Melbourne wouldn't say
    Strathfield Brunswick said 3-6 Months

Much as I prefer the Optus plan, the desire for the unit is over-riding my common sense. I'm going in this afternoon. I have wireless at work and home so i'll be right with minimal usage.
    James Brennan

I was told 2 weeks yesterday - I'd better hurry up and sign up this week as I'm going away in 3.5 weeks, so I'd better make sure I have it
    MacBook White 2Gb Ram 2.0Ghz 3200Gb hdd Superdrive
    iPhone White 16Gb & 2 x iPod mini Green
    Support MacTalk by shopping at the Apple Online store via this link!

I signed up at the Optus store cnr Elizabeth and Collins in Melb yesterday and was told to expect a 2 to 4 week wait

I also questioned why Optus would start charging the monthly phone fee before I receive the handset and the Optus girl said "Optus is aware of this situation and is looking into applying a credit at a later date"..........

I signed up last Friday and I was 1st on the list, said they will have the phone yesterday at worst today. but not heard from them yet.

called Optus customer service today and asked about the iPhone on when is the next shipment, she said it now depends on the retailers/resellers on when they will pick up or will receive the phone. They now have the stocks somewhere and its a matter of distributing to the retailers.

I'm trying to call Allphones today but no one seems to care to answer the phone, i guess they are fed up with it as the many customers who signed up for raincheck last Friday promising to have the iPhone by Monday are very annoyed already like me. darn!

Quote Originally Posted by macmelly View Post
    I signed up over the phone to 16gb Black with Optus over the phone and am told delivery on 1st Aug. That may be different to retail stores though

Can't wait
    I was told the same thing. I can't wait either!!
    ----------------------------------------
    A Dog's Breakfast

Quote Originally Posted by mcargy08 View Post
    I signed up last Friday and I was 1st on the list, said they will have the phone yesterday at worst today. but not heard from them yet.

called Optus customer service today and asked about the iPhone on when is the next shipment, she said it now depends on the retailers/resellers on when they will pick up or will receive the phone. They now have the stocks somewhere and its a matter of distributing to the retailers.

I'm trying to call Allphones today but no one seems to care to answer the phone, i guess they are fed up with it as the many customers who signed up for raincheck last Friday promising to have the iPhone by Monday are very annoyed already like me. darn!
    I ordered 16gb Black and am first on list as well, was originally told could have been later on Friday 11th July itself or Monday. Now I am being told 3-10 working days.

No one really knows when they will turn up.

I didn't sign up to a contract but rainchecked for a Prepay paid plan outright..Though looking at Scritch's comparison at http://forums.mactalk.com.au/47/5338...tml#post573169 I'm thinking I might sign up with a 12 month Yes Cap so I pay less for the 'phone overall..
    Moo.

Rain checked ordered 16gb black on the 10th was told two weeks max, Which then changed with in two days to this week. Now i just tryed calling and there not answering the phones.

I ordered at about 9:30 on Friday 11th was told "Early next week" at this stage I would say sometime in the next fortnight after that I will be doing a little dummy spit and sulking to my fiance until it comes

I got hold of where i rainchecked ordered it from and now there saying 2-3 weeks. But then again i been hearing mixed reports from other optus shops.

i got told mid week, on Saturday - will ring them Thursday if i dont hear anything
    Mac Pro Dual Xeon 2.8GHz Quad, 6GB Ram, 128GB SSD+320GB+3x1TB HDD, Nvidia GTX285, Mac OS X 10.7
    My Flickr | Portfolio/Photoblog

I would say there playing it safe, and giving everyone the max shipment time. Sound like most staff are in the dark with what optus are doing with there stock

Page 1 of 83 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast