67 27.13%
  • two to three weeks

34 13.77%
  • three to four weeks

18 7.29%
  • more than four weeks

30 12.15%
Page 3 of 83 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast

is the number for optus free on optus mobiles?
    just making sure before i spend all my credit on it.

At Telechoice Marion, I'm being told 3 weeks.

When I signed up, I was told this week.

Quote Originally Posted by bkea View Post
    Yesterday I ordered 8GB from optus world Hervey Bay, was told tursday
    ive been told either friday or monday by the strathfield folks...

There seem to be two common themes here. Some people are being told later this week, others have been told 2 to 3 weeks.

Put my name down at AllPhones Belmont, WA. They said maybe the end of the week otherwise they have no idea...

Quote Originally Posted by bkea View Post
    Yesterday I ordered 8GB from optus world Hervey Bay, was told tursday
    My fiance rang up the same store (I am a HB local too) to check on the order because she is sick of hearing me say "I want my iPhone"

They said definitely Thursday, but I am not sure how true that is. Given demand for the black 16Gb but I hope it's true

I have got to the point where i don't care if i get a black or white one, as long as it 16gb.

Oh man I hope that Perth stock thing is true.

this might be of some help to those signing up at any optus dealer in Westfield Southland in Melbourne.

I scored an iPhone (16gb black) from the small Strathfield booth outside Big W (near Optus World (top level)) on the 11th without having put a deposit down. The guy told me nobody with deposits had specified that store. He also said when I signed up theyd get more in this week sometime.

I guess what im saying is if u plan to get put down on the list, dont forget about enquiring at this place. I think I was lucky enough to get one on launch day because everybody overlooked it.
    I imagine the list will be shorter also.

I signed up through Allphones in WA and they said maybe this week, hopefully next week, but honestly, could be more. If it's not in next week I'll be a bit annoyed because I signed up and my number just ported this morning, rendering my old sim obsolete, so I had to stick my new sim in my old gsm phone, which means I'm paying for a phone I don't have and a plan that I can't utilise. I didn't think the port would happen until I had activated the sim, but that's what you get for not asking enough questions.

Just rang up local optus to ask again, they said that they ares still being told Thursday!

Quote Originally Posted by Matsky View Post
    I signed up through Allphones in WA and they said maybe this week, hopefully next week, but honestly, could be more. If it's not in next week I'll be a bit annoyed because I signed up and my number just ported this morning, rendering my old sim obsolete, so I had to stick my new sim in my old gsm phone, which means I'm paying for a phone I don't have and a plan that I can't utilise. I didn't think the port would happen until I had activated the sim, but that's what you get for not asking enough questions.

I didn't have to sign up to anything. The guy in Belmont just took my name and phone number, and asked which phone I wanted and said he's contact me.

I was among the first to do the rain check thing at Optus in Crown Street Wollongong. They said they are very confident the 16Gb will be there this Friday morning.

Rain-checked a 16G black on Saturday morning.

Told 2 to 3 weeks...
    lotsa applz
    "I said no salt NO SALT on the margarita"
    flickr

Quote Originally Posted by dinoo View Post
    Yesterday, I got 2-4 weeks from OptusWorld Brunswick, and 3-6 months if I didn't raincheck this week at Strathfield.
    =[
    Ah Strathfield.... SO dodgy.
    lotsa applz
    "I said no salt NO SALT on the margarita"
    flickr

i rang Allphones here in Hobart and said Optus told them that they will receive the iPhone today. So they are still waiting, and it could be tomorrow.

I remember when i sign up for a raincheck on launch day, the iPhones were delivered 930AM on launch day here in Hobart, so all of us even those who put a deposit has to wait for the delivery. I hope i will have the phone tomorrow. :-)

I rainchecked a 16gb black model at Allphones @ Tea Tree Plaza here in Adelaide and was told that a shipment is due on 25/7. Fingers crossed!

Optus World at Unley in SA, signed a raincheck on the 11th at 3pm, was told 7-10 days, calling in the morning for an update
    Successful trades: madmacs, jimdrum, eidlog_007, smdnetau, Aaron

I have signed a contract, and have my phone on raincheck.

does anyone know if there is a possibility i might be able to get out of this? I think i want to go prepaid, not contract.
     Macbook 2.1 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 2 GB  Macbook Pro 1.83 GHz Intel Core Duo 1 GB
    TV 160GB iPod Nano 2GB  iPhone 3G 16GB

You'd have to call them...seeing as the conditions of the contract..ie being sold a phone and receiving one at the time of entering into the contract weren't possible yet you were almost placed under duress to get a raincheck "if you don't get a raincheck, you could wait for months" there might be some applicability of cooling off here. Ring and ask first, if they are unhelpful, call TIO and ask...this is a pretty unique situation certainly doesn't happen normally, ie you go into buy a phone they don't have one...they would order you one and call you when it was in and then do the contract....
     PowerPC 6100/60AV, PowerPC G3, 12" G4 iBook, 17" G5 iMac, 24" white iMac, 30Gb white iPod, white PSP slim'n'lite, white 16Gb iPhone 

"Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb"
    - Batman

Page 3 of 83 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast