Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

Join the discussions, Register Now!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

i signed up to optus but they did not give me a simcard :s and he said that i would defanity get iphone when it comes in stock i chose plan and signed it he said some time this week it will be in

Quote Originally Posted by adamjc View Post
    Might be worth taking a look at this:

http://www.mymac.com.au/Home_files/o...eck_policy.pdf

Found it on the the MyMac Melbourne website.

Is the official Optus Policy on rainchecking phones and wireless broadband.
    Any idea where MyMac got that from? Can't find it on the Optus website, nor any reference to it. Might need something like that as ammo if my iPhone takes ages to come in stock.

Quote Originally Posted by reemixx View Post
    Any idea where MyMac got that from? Can't find it on the Optus website, nor any reference to it. Might need something like that as ammo if my iPhone takes ages to come in stock.
    Not sure where they got it from, I found it by going to their website for the phone number to the Melbourne store.

I have saved it to my desktop just in case it disappears.

Not sure where they got it from, I found it by going to their website for the phone number to the Melbourne store.

I have saved it to my desktop just in case it disappears.
    They had photocopies of this at the Optus store at Fountain Gate, Narre Warren yesterday.
    13" MBP - Incoming!
    melbournevictory.net/forum

If you order by phone through Optus Small-Medium Business, they don't take any money upfront, deliver to your house, and you can cancel with no fee right up until they deliver it. Gets you in the queue but you can still go crazy ringing stores if you want. That said, I don't think anything but a pre-order is going to work any more if you want Optus.

This is what was offered to me. I signed up on Wednesday and was told that the iPhone was rainchecked and they could suspend my account until the phone arrived. As I've already got an iPhone 1st gen, I'm okay with the wait.
    If the Music's too loud - YOU'RE TOO OLD!

Thanks for the link to the file, Doing my rain check tomorrow and going to ask them to suspend my account untill I get the 16Gb black.

Just to let you guys know rainchecked phones have been arriving at our store shipped separately from regular stock and are individually numbered. The process is much like ordering a CTO machine. Because of the constraint on 16GB blacks they are allocating stock slowly and this is their method of seeing outstanding back orders in the system so when stock is available they can distribute accordingly. Unless you process a raincheck your order will not turn up in the system.
    24" imac 2.33GHz intel core 2 duo, PowerBook G4 15" 1.33GHz, ibook G4 14" 1.33GHz, ibook G3 12" 600GHz, Benq 14" LCD, iPod Nano 8GB, iPod Shuffle 1GB, AirPort Express x 2, Microsoft Laser 6000 Mouse, EyeTV for DTT, LaCie 400GB d2 eXtreme HD, Lacie 80GB Porche HD, Final Scratch 2

regarding the rainchecks, do you just give them ur name and number and thats it? do u have to be over 18 to raincheck?

raincheck involve signing the contract and starting the plan, you will be issued a sim and your number ported... its like you walked out of the store with the phone but you didn't...

my Black 16Gb arrived in accordance with the approximate 5 day raincheck wait, but supplies of these are getting slimmer because they are the most sought after...

cheers
    Unibody MacBook 2.4GHz C2D, Apple 23" HD Display and Black 16GB iPhone 3G...
    Successful Sales - chrism238, ARB, Bob, Goodbye, chrissara, garrymacdonald, lavo, jubilantjeremy, Jordan M, mulquemi, avolve x 2, macaholic, warren21, Meh 626...

Quote Originally Posted by The Architect.mac View Post
    raincheck involve signing the contract and starting the plan, you will be issued a sim and your number ported... its like you walked out of the store with the phone but you didn't...

my Black 16Gb arrived in accordance with the approximate 5 day raincheck wait, but supplies of these are getting slimmer because they are the most sought after...

cheers
    okey doke thanks alot

I signed the contract through Allphones yesterday. I have an existing contract with Telstra that I won't be cancelling until I receive the actual iPhone. Is it too late for me to ring up now and suspend the Optus account until I actually have the phone? I really don't want to be billed for what looks to be a month with no phone, even though Optus promises the first month free (not that that's accurate, seeing as I'll just get a credit on my bill in 2-3 months).

I didn't realise when I signed the contract that a lot of people weren't having their sims activated until receiving the phone...that makes the 'first month free' idea a lot more meaningful.

Guys I work for Vodafone and you wont get charged till your phone is activated which wont happen till you get it. No need to hit the panic button yet.

hi guys,

can someone tell me the difference b/w raincheck n order online?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4