Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

Join the discussions, Register Now!

Default iinet problems anyone?

is anyone having major trouble trying to connect to the internet with iinet? mine keeps cutting in and out. I know there were issues last night but on the website it says they fixed. lol.

I had bulk problems last night, it was slow at getting to a few sites this morning. I'm at work at the moment, and I dont know who we're with.
    adamd
    iMac, MacBook Pro, MacBook, iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, iPod nano, iPod Touch, iPod mini, G3+G4 iMac, G4 PowerMac

I've had those kinds of troubles with iiNet on and off for the last few weeks, but everything seems to be fine for me just at this moment.
    Times are bad. Children no longer obey their parents, and everyone is writing a book.

- Cicero (106BC-43BC)

Sorry my bad, been heavy downloading *Nightly Linux Builds*

Seriously tho..

All working on my end here..

a.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Aero View Post
    Sorry my bad, been heavy downloading *Nightly Linux Builds*

Seriously tho..

All working on my end here..

a.
    idiot.. lol. seriously you cant speak to anyone, the queue time is over an hour.

I was having issues last night, it appeard to be DNS related issues probably to do with their rebuild of some of their DNS servers due to the over hyped DNS security issues. I did a full reset on my connection to get the auto DNS re-allocated properly and it came good.

Quote Originally Posted by happyfrogcow View Post
    idiot.. lol. seriously you cant speak to anyone, the queue time is over an hour.
    Joke matey Joke

a.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Aero View Post
    Joke matey Joke

a.
    i know, me too.

EDIT: i can can onto mactalk.com.au fine, but every other site is the luck of the draw.

Oh curses! I hope my father doesn't contact me about that the internet isn't working. *slaps her forehead*
    It's great that I don't live at home, but not so great that I'm always the "support" person when it comes to computer and internet connection problems.
    My Hardware: iBook G4 1.2GHz | iPhone 8GB | MacBook 2.4GHz White | Twitter | last.fm|

Quote Originally Posted by colbs View Post
    Oh curses! I hope my father doesn't contact me about that the internet isn't working. *slaps her forehead*
    It's great that I don't live at home, but not so great that I'm always the "support" person when it comes to computer and internet connection problems.
    I get that too.

Sometimes I just wish everyone was on a Mac, and had screen sharing.

=== Example Tech Support Call ===
    "click on the wi-fi menu, it's 4 bars, that will be grey, as you're not connected to the internet"
    "There's no wifi menu, the screen is black, and the keyboard/mouse arent working."
    "is your computer even on?"
    "ahhhh... thanks"
    adamd
    iMac, MacBook Pro, MacBook, iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, iPod nano, iPod Touch, iPod mini, G3+G4 iMac, G4 PowerMac