Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

Join the discussions, Register Now!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Password Management App that runs on both iPhone & OS X

Hi all,

I am after a Password Management app that runs on BOTH iPhone and on a Mac and SYNC with each other.

Search didn't help...

If you know such an app... please let me know.

Successful Trades
    Bernie234, Tiprya, James the 2nd, Areal, Jimdrum, iSlayer, bolle, SDotsOnMyFeet

The only one i found was SplashID (in the app store). They have a desktop client you can download which apparently syncs with the iphone.

I haven't got the iphone - so haven't been able to test yet :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Collier View Post
    I had a look at that but it appears little clumsy on iPhone end... but thank you for suggesting. If there is nothing better...

Quote Originally Posted by NelsonX View Post
    The only one i found was SplashID (in the app store). They have a desktop client you can download which apparently syncs with the iphone.

I haven't got the iphone - so haven't been able to test yet :-)
    Thank you... this looks good. I will try the trial.

no problems, I'm stilling looking for a way to transistion my windows password manager to apple & iphone. I've been using codewallet for sometime (since win mobile days) and its going to be a pain re-entering the data!..

The splashid will allow you to store all sorts of confidential data such as credit card, account, licence, password details, etc.. whereas 1 password appears to be more useful for autofilling of web based passwords/forms and more convienent on iphone as it still doesn't have copy/paste.

cheers

Nelly

Thanks Tim. 1Password looks pretty decent ...just what I've been looking for. Did use SplashID when I had an old Palm V and it was a bit awkward back then. Upgraded to a Palm Treo 650 (and then 755p) and went over to Passwords Plus from Dataviz. It works really well, and syncs beautifully - but they don't have plans for an iPhone version and I'm lost without my passwords.
    Thanks again Tim.
    Bob Rodkin, Whitby, Ontario, Canada
    MacBook 2G/200G G4 1G/80G/200G iPod U2 iPhone 16G
    http://bobrodkin.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by hithere View Post
    I had a look at that but it appears little clumsy on iPhone end... but thank you for suggesting. If there is nothing better...
    I've been using 1Password iPhone version quite regularly lately, synced with hundreds of passwords, serials and secure notes on my 1Password desktop version.

So far so good, the experience has been generally good for me, and its one of my most used apps too.

Default Password Plus won't export

Looks like I was a little too hasty when I said Passwords Plus was really good. I've download 1Password for my Mac but when I select export from Passwords Plus nothing happens. Well, the warning comes up saying the exported csv file is not encrypted, after clicking that it gives the save name/folder options, then clicking save it goes away and then nothing happens. Anyone have any ideas how to fix this. I'm just shy of 200 passwords so I don't want to re-enter them all. But I will if need be as 1Password (in my opinion) has features that blow Password Plus out of the water.

Never mind. 1Password provided a work around to my Password Plus export problem. 1Password enables stored password imports from Safari and Firefox - and ignores duplicates - so between those two I've got 99% of my passwords.

Nice, glad I could help
    Successful Trades
    Bernie234, Tiprya, James the 2nd, Areal, Jimdrum, iSlayer, bolle, SDotsOnMyFeet

I got 1 password after it was plugged on the podcast, have to say it's one of the best pieces of software I have used so far.

Nick

I wholly agree Nick. I've now completed the set up of 1Password and migration from my old program. The number of things that amazed me as I explored the program were numerous. From the menu bar item in each browser I use to the WiFi sync - all as simple as a Mac should be. Very impressive software.

Tassiecelt Guest

I was disappointed after trying e wallet, it doesn't have a desktop version (except for PC's) I have Passwords Plus, but it doesn't have an iPhone version.
    1Password seems to be for webpages only, can't see how it can work for storing bank account numbers etc.

So really, pretty bad bunch so far...I'll have a look at splashID

Quote Originally Posted by Tassiecelt View Post
    I was disappointed after trying e wallet, it doesn't have a desktop version (except for PC's) I have Passwords Plus, but it doesn't have an iPhone version.
    1Password seems to be for webpages only, can't see how it can work for storing bank account numbers etc.

Regarding 1Password, I assume you do not have the desktop version of 1Password?

The Bank Account numbers can be stored in 1Password, though not from the iPhone app itself -- has to be done via the desktop app and synced to the iPhone/iPod touch.

Default 1Password vs SplashID

I've usedeWallet, Passwords Plus and SplashID and am now a happy 1Password user. 1Password exceeds the others by far. It does bank accounts and anything else I can think of. Maybe download the demo version and try it out. I think you'll be impressed.
    Agile Web Solutions Downloads

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by WhitbyBob View Post
    Looks like I was a little too hasty when I said Passwords Plus was really good. I've download 1Password for my Mac but when I select export from Passwords Plus nothing happens. Well, the warning comes up saying the exported csv file is not encrypted, after clicking that it gives the save name/folder options, then clicking save it goes away and then nothing happens. Anyone have any ideas how to fix this. I'm just shy of 200 passwords so I don't want to re-enter them all. But I will if need be as 1Password (in my opinion) has features that blow Password Plus out of the water.
    I just encountered the same problem (nothing happened) when trying to export from Password Plus. I tried, and couldn't do the backup function from Password Plus either. Visited DataViz support site, and learned that the latest version of Password Plus is 1.007. I was on 1.005. Downloaded update, and export worked perfectly. Import to 1Password worked perfectly as well. With 200+ files on my Password Plus, I am _very_ relieved!

mSecure works well for me

Does Bank Accounts nicely

iMac 27" i7 3.5Ghz 512 SSD| iPhone X Black 64Gb | MacBook Air 13" 240 SSD

I use Wallet. Started using it before I was aware of 1Password. The one feature it hasn't got (saving website passwords and having them available in your browser), I've found I never use anyway (Having 1Password as well)...

Wallet keeps my bank details, passwords, software licence keys etc all safe and sound, and syncs with my iphone too.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast