Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

Join the discussions, Register Now!

Can anyone give me some advice to reinstall Printer set-up utility?

I can't add any printers and I recently purchased a new canon pixma iP8500.

I am running 10.3.8.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Secoa

Secoa,

Can you please give me some more information how how you are trying to install the printer? are you using printer setup utility in applications>utiltiies?

neil

I remember intitially having problems with apples printer set-up utility but I worked around that by simply using the print command. The computer found the newly installed printer and printed fine .. Ever since .. I have had no trouble seeing my printer.
    why are you reading this?

Neil and anyone who may be or interest (but I guess not)

I have two USB printers working from my iMac G4. One printer (Epson 830U) is for every day printing, the other one (Canon iP8500) is for printing photographs.

My first problem was installing the printer driver for the canon and the second issue was printer set-up utility could not add a printer and as such did not recognise the new printer.

I installed the driver for the canon iP8500 but it gave me the message that installation was not completed. I guessed it installed all the necessary software after I searched the hard drive.

I have solved the second issue by creating another user account and it recognised the new printer straight away when using printer set-up utility.

When I log back into my normal user account I can now use both printers.

Printer set-up still does not work on my main account but I got a way to work around this.

I hope this helps.

Thanks

Secoa

I would post a picture of my set-up but I do not know how to add a picture (silly me)