Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

» Join the discussions, Register Now!
Page 43 of 48 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43 44 45 ... LastLast

Aaaactually...has anyone looked at the T's and C's about the data side of things...are Voda (like on their b'band) penalising you if you happen to go outside of a 3g zone? Cause on their b'band you get sime pithy amount on GPRS then wacked badly by the billing stick.
     PowerPC 6100/60AV, PowerPC G3, 12" G4 iBook, 17" G5 iMac, 24" white iMac, 30Gb white iPod, white PSP slim'n'lite, white 16Gb iPhone 

"Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb"
    - Batman

vodafone is the lamer...

Quote Originally Posted by dolbinau View Post
    How North is North? Ballina, Lismore, Tweed?
    If I was that far north...I'd be a short skip away from a store...nah near Coffs
     PowerPC 6100/60AV, PowerPC G3, 12" G4 iBook, 17" G5 iMac, 24" white iMac, 30Gb white iPod, white PSP slim'n'lite, white 16Gb iPhone 

- Batman

t minus 5 Mintues till i get in the car to my local vodafone store to let lose

Quote Originally Posted by qf380 View Post
    t minus 5 Mintues till i get in the car to my local vodafone store to let lose
    Don't do it QF! it isn't worth sacrificing everything for!

- Batman

pfft they have only had 31 f**kin days to release plans....I'm not even going with vodafone and I'm pissed that they haven't. i bet any money it's that they are worried about the public reaction
    Macbook Pro 15" 2.2ghz
    Dell 24" Monitor, Ipod Nano G3 Black (8GB)
    Rocking the new Nokia e71 white......

Ok ok ok, FRIENDLY discussion then. But anyways im off now, will report anything interesting when back

thats y they should release their prepaid the same as optus and people might stay with them
    Macbook Pro 17" i7 Unibody : Mac Mini Server : iMac 24"

Info for tomorrow's VF media call just released:

Photo/Vision Opportunity: Vodafone iPhone 3G Launch

Where: Vodafone store, 333 George Street, Sydney

When: Friday 11th July 2008
    6.00am – 7.00am: Queuing commences at Regiment Square
    6.00am – 7am: Entertainment begins (DJs, demos, celeb MC)
    6.45am: Countdown to store opening begins
    7.00am: Store opens and the first iPhone 3G is unveiled
    7.10am: First Vodafone iPhone 3G customer opportunity
    7.10am – 8.15am: Customers connections, select celeb opps
    7.15am: Vodafone spokesperson available for interviews

About the activity:
    Vodafone Australia is set to be one of the first mobile phone retailers in the world to stock and sell the iPhone 3G. On Friday, July 11 at 7am, Vodafone Australia will open its 333 George Street doors giving eager customers their first opportunity to get their hands on the new iPhone 3G.

Customers attending the launch will be entertained by a guest DJ and Bianca Dye as celebrity MC.

Photo/Vision opportunities:
    • Customers lining up outside of Vodafone store ahead of launch
    • DJ entertainment (Hey Now DJs), celeb MC Bianca Dye and Vodafone ambassadors Lara Bingle and Lote Tuqiri.
    • Customers purchasing the very first iPhones sold by Vodafone Australia
    • Interview with first customer in line / first customer to purchase a new iPhone 3G
    • Vodafone ambassadors Lote Tuqiri and Lara Bingle lining up for the new iPhone 3G
    • Vodafone ambassadors walking out of the store with their new iPhone’s in hand
    • Vodafone spokesperson available for interviews on iPhone features and sale predictions

Quote Originally Posted by qf380 View Post
    Ok ok ok, FRIENDLY discussion then. But anyways im off now, will report anything interesting when back
    Frank and open discussion or dialogue to lay out ideas on the table, and to precipitate concerns and considerations. :P

- Batman

you never let us down bunkey cheers mate...any info on the remaining plans?

- Batman

Voda can bite me, I pre-registered with them and got 1 email saying plans would be sent to me first etc etc. Got nothing since and looking at some of the screen shots they 'leaked' it will be a big "YES" for Optus.

Whether I can get one tomorrow is another adventure! **sigh**

Ahaha, are they SURE they want to interview the first guy in line?

"I'm only here because Optus won't have any stock, I'm just planning on canceling my contract"
    I am the tech savvy at-risk youth.

Quote Originally Posted by bunkey View Post
    • Vodafone ambassadors Lote Tuqiri and Lara Bingle lining up for the new iPhone 3G
    lol please tell me Lara Bingle is not the same Lara as the Vodafone telephone woman...
    / Black Macbook / 2GHz / Leopard
    // 24" iMac / 2.33GHz / Leopard
    /// iPhone 3G / 16 GB Black

Quote Originally Posted by Phase View Post
    Ahaha, are they SURE they want to interview the first guy in line?

"I'm only here because Optus won't have any stock, I'm just planning on canceling my contract"
    Wouldn't that be AWESOME! funny stuff

- Batman

vodafone has lost me, I am willing to go to optus and stay on a pre paid with them, and just pay out the rest of my contact with vodafone because it isnt much left

[Drewbles]It doesn't matter if they don't release plans, ever.[/Drewbles]
    Just kidding man.

I've had enough of waiting for Telstra and Vodafone, and I think I might miss out on Optus now because I've screwed around.

Well I'm not confident of getting one tomorrow....but I know I will get one sometime

- Batman

Quote Originally Posted by madappleman View Post
    Voda can bite me, I pre-registered with them and got 1 email saying plans would be sent to me first etc etc. Got nothing since and looking at some of the screen shots they 'leaked' it will be a big "YES" for Optus.

Whether I can get one tomorrow is another adventure! **sigh**
    ... email you're lucky they haven't even replied to my pre registration... is it just me??

anyway they do know I am leaving... cancelling hte last few months of my contract... the best $50 I will spend this month

Looks like voice dialling has been address with a 3rd party app called 'iSpeak' lets you voice dial...and cue songs up by speaking the artist/album name

- Batman

Page 43 of 48 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43 44 45 ... LastLast