Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

Join the discussions, Register Now!
Page 2 of 48 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by NeoRicen View Post
    Um... why?
    Coverage. Why pay the same money for worse service?

Vodafone's announcement tomorrow:

http://www.theage.com.au/news/iphone...282814343.html

wolfie is offline It's times like this, you need a quarter pounder.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoRicen View Post
    That's New Zealand.....

yes, and??

i said if vodafone do similar pricing optus will be the clear winner, in response to the post 2 posts up from my first post.

Well, judging on the New Zealand Vodafone plans, they suck! Looks like it will be Optus all the way....unless Telstra can pull something out....which I severely doubt.
    | MacBook Air 11" | Mac Mini 2011| iPhone 5 64GB | iPad Mini 16GB | iPod Nano 4GB | iPod Hi-Fi | AirPort Extreme |
    | Traded | Huy | Alessiman | DagrtheSnide | alan7948 | iCameron | chris | dsiew |

Here is a link to the SMH article:

http://www.smh.com.au/news/iphone-in...282814343.html

** It's exactly the same as the article form The Age. Doh!

Quote Originally Posted by wolfie View Post
    yes, and??

i said if vodafone do similar pricing optus will be the clear winner, in response to the post 2 posts up from my first post.
    Ah, sorry, there's been a misunderstanding, I thought you were saying if they did similar pricing to Optus.

My bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Edd View Post
    Coverage. Why pay the same money for worse service?
    Are you saying Optus reception is better? In Sydney Metro? I've only ever been with Vodafone but I like the look of the Optus plans so I'm thinking of jumping ship. Anyone have an opinion on quality of coverage in Sydney Metro compared to Voda?

Interesting interview NZ presenter had with their voda guy..someone who said he hasn't seen any other carrier in the world's plan for comparison (so they've released plans blind) and the prices are as low as $50/month...well whoopi-doo! I'm not paying a grand NZ to pay $50 a month....and his comparison to NZ'ers paying over $1200 for a gen1 iPhone are totally irrelavent given they would own the device outright and have no ongoing costs...to buy an iPhone for $250 you have to pay $6000 in monthly access over 24months....incroyable!
     PowerPC 6100/60AV, PowerPC G3, 12" G4 iBook, 17" G5 iMac, 24" white iMac, 30Gb white iPod, white PSP slim'n'lite, white 16Gb iPhone 

"Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb"
    - Batman

Quote Originally Posted by laprius View Post
    Interesting interview NZ presenter had with their voda guy..someone who said he hasn't seen any other carrier in the world's plan for comparison (so they've released plans blind) and the prices are as low as $50/month...well whoopi-doo! I'm not paying a grand NZ to pay $50 a month....and his comparison to NZ'ers paying over $1200 for a gen1 iPhone are totally irrelavent given they would own the device outright and have no ongoing costs...to buy an iPhone for $250 you have to pay $6000 in monthly access over 24months....incroyable!
    Video link for those that missed it in the other thread: 3 News > Video > Campbell Live > Vodafone talks to Campbell Live about the iPhone price

10am tommorrow

Hey Guys,

First time ever on mactalk well any forum to be exact.....

Just wanted to know probs answered a lot of times before but in all my limited knowledge of technology I was wondering if anyone knew if you could access Microsoft Outlook WebAccess on safari....I know I can just get IT to set it up but I'd rather just check email when I need to than have it pushed into me as soon as they come. and Like the Idea that If I loose my phone No one can access my work emails....

and btw poor NZ what crappy pricing

I can access it in its basic form from safari (no flashy stuff) so I think mobile safari would be much the same.
     PowerPC 6100/60AV, PowerPC G3, 12" G4 iBook, 17" G5 iMac, 24" white iMac, 30Gb white iPod, white PSP slim'n'lite, white 16Gb iPhone 

- Batman

Thank laprius.....I hope it will be availible I know that Outlook web access works best on IE but dont mind the limited access from firefox or safari..hopefully it is on mobile safari

Outlook Web Access Light works ok from mobile Safari.

Quote Originally Posted by watters View Post

I actually heard it was tomorrow from multiple sources in the last thread. First was bunkey who provided some factual information in the form of an email from a department head at Vodafone HQ, this information later turned up in a SMH article from Asher Moses. Next source was another person who had emailed this department head saying that he was fed up with waiting and was going to go terminate his contract with vodafone and sign up with Optus. The guy then said "hold fire. Pricing coming very soon" now of course, very soon is what they have been saying all along, but I am thinking it will be tomorrow. Hopefully Telstra joins the party tomorrow.
    Indeedy. The e-mail said pricing should be available tomorrow morning - which would be in line with everything else that's been said, including the "full list of stores" the Vodafone spokesperson said would be available tomorrow in that SMH article. Along with an invite to the media event. I'll do my best to screenshot a copy and post it here for you to have a gander.

So, it would seem the wait is almost over. The next interesting bit will be the damn plans themselves and just how Vodafone is going to handle the orders for iPhgnes. The fact they're doing a 7am "launch event" on Friday morning has probably wiped out the possibility of a midnight launch though, which sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by bunkey View Post
    Indeedy. The e-mail said pricing should be available tomorrow morning - which would be in line with everything else that's been said, including the "full list of stores" the Vodafone spokesperson said would be available tomorrow in that SMH article. Along with an invite to the media event. I'll do my best to screenshot a copy and post it here for you to have a gander.
    So sometime before midday?

I think also..the chances of Voda doing something like O2 are diminishing rapidly...the logistics required to process potentially thousands of payments and registrations in what now amounts to two days would be nigh on impossible...so to is selling then asking to have the store of pickup nominated...so I guess it now comes down to ordering online for delivery sometime next week or taking a chance at the store.

- Batman

OMG the number of members and guests online are anagrams of each other!

213 members and 321 guests! spooky!

- Batman

Quote Originally Posted by bunkey View Post

So, it would seem the wait is almost over. The next interesting bit will be the damn plans themselves and just how Vodafone is going to handle the orders for iPhgnes. The fact they're doing a 7am "launch event" on Friday morning has probably wiped out the possibility of a midnight launch though, which sucks.
    I don't mind, I'll consider camping out, but not sure i will, just get up early most likely.
    Alu MacBook 2.4GHZ | iPhone 4 32GB (Telstra) | iPod Classic 80GB (1G)

Quote Originally Posted by benzoenator View Post
    Went into the Hobart Vodafone Store today. A staff member could confirm that the store would be getting them on Friday (mainlanders might say duh, I know a couple of us were worried that Tassie mightn't get any iPhones until launch). The store would not be opening at midnight, rather the normal opening time at 9am. Apparently she'd signed a massive NDA about ten minutes before I'd walked in, and couldn't say any more
    Hey, where is the Hobart Vodafone store? Never been a Voda customer before and I can't figure out how to get a store listing from their website >.<
    paris buttfield-addison: co-founder of http://www.secretlab.com.au
    Author of Learning Cocoa with Objective-C Third Edition (O'Reilly, upcoming)
    and iPhone and iPad Game Development For Dummies (Wiley, October 2010)

Page 2 of 48 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast