Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

Join the discussions, Register Now!
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by scritch View Post
    Note: You'll need a printout of your deposit receipt email to be given preference.
    Is that the payment statement? I kind of lost all my e-mails.
    Meh 626 - Meh626.com
     MacBook Pro i7 2010  iMac 21.5" 2011  iMac G4 17"  iPad 3 64GB  iPhone 4 32GB  AirPort Express' - Successful Trades.

Quote Originally Posted by Meh 626 View Post
    Is that the payment statement? I kind of lost all my e-mails.
    You can reprint it from the optusiphone.com.au site... you just need the email address and password you used when you signed up.

Quote Originally Posted by kevinnugent View Post
    @Phase, is that a company store? If so, I'd be peeved.
    I was told by Optus that there is only ONE "comnpay" store and that is in SYD.

I have been doing my best ot be professional and polite when I go into these places to try and arrange to give them an additional 2 years of my life times 2 and they are truly the personification of rude! MOST ESPECIALLY the Queen Street Store. I even filed a complaint about the manager being so rude to me. I was called by Optus in Sydney about it but I was in a meeting and they never called back.

I am going to go to the Optus World Store near me and see if they are open at 12:01 and I wil pick up my two phones there.

What an adventure!

Not excusing their rudeness, but I guess they've probably been asked the same questions a zillion times over since June 9, and they still seem to not have been provided a lot of official information. I know I'd be (I am?) peeved too!

Quote Originally Posted by WildWest View Post
    You can reprint it from the optusiphone.com.au site... you just need the email address and password you used when you signed up.
    The payment statement? I have a hard copy of it! BTW, I can't sign in!!!!
    Meh 626 - Meh626.com
     MacBook Pro i7 2010  iMac 21.5" 2011  iMac G4 17"  iPad 3 64GB  iPhone 4 32GB  AirPort Express' - Successful Trades.

Quote Originally Posted by Meh 626 View Post
    The payment statement? I have a hard copy of it! BTW, I can't sign in!!!!
    Ahh I see what you mean now! Yes, it's the payment confirmation thing-o.

Quote Originally Posted by WildWest View Post
    Ahh I see what you mean now! Yes, it's the payment confirmation thing-o.
    Thank god! I was beginning to wet myself over an e-mail which I lost!!! Ok, so it's the piece of paper that has a Invoice Number, Transaction Number, Card Type, Card Holder and other information.
    Meh 626 - Meh626.com

Quote Originally Posted by jesse View Post
    Is the 'Island' store you're talking about the Strathfield Store outside Big W or the larger Optus Store on the 3rd level (also basically outside Big W).
    I meant the island on the 3rd floor.

Quote Originally Posted by jesse View Post
    Would it be worth going to Southland?
    I don't know. There's lots of phone stores of all flavours (Optus, Vodafone, Telstra and others) but I suspect it'll be busy and they'll all sell out quickly. It's the only place near my work though so I'm still going to give it a shot.

My crystal ball tells me that friday is going to bring chaos. Electronic banking as we know it will crash, Along with the internet. This will be the best thing since slice breed. As well as the worst thing since. You watch it will be a fun day, But at the same time it will course huge problems for shop owners. I see looting and crime jumping up by 10%. Violence will happen stay away from all city's.

You all have been warned. See you in the mob....

Anyone know when the Brisbane Optus stores will be opening? I've pre-registered and put down the Fortitude Valley Optus Store. Anyone know when that will be opening to pre-registered customers?
    MacBook Unibody 13" | iPhone 5 32Gb | iPad 3 16GB | iPod Nano 6G | Airport Extreme | ATV2 Successful Trades: TomMelbourne | Mart | ajbeardy | Barticus | countmacula | mikinoz | Exocet | oddturtle | gmask1 | jeremywarnock | carlow1 | musky

Where the hell is vodafone. Oh my god! seriously optus are nailing it!
    Sick of Bullshit? Go here
    www.youngausskeptics.com

iBook 14'' 1GB Ram, MBP(santa) 15" 4GB ram, iPod Nano(3G) 4gb, iPod shuffle 512mb, iPod Touch 8gb.

I spoke to someone at the Optus World Store at Chadstone Shopping Centre.

She seemed to know what she was talking about saying the opening time is 7AM. She also said not to bother coming unless you have a deposit.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fluffy Duck View Post
    here HERE! Vodafone has missed the boat here. I have seriously considered switching to optus becuase i know what plan i want. voda better come out with some dirt cheap prices with free wifi everywhere or they just lost me.
    tomorrow is going to be a long waiting game. if there are no voda updates tomorrow, ill sell my soul to the devil (optus)
    [B]mail | twitter |

Quote Originally Posted by The Fluffy Duck View Post
    Optus haven't said anything official about where/when yet, not even to deposit holders, and frankly at this late stage it's annoying. Wouldn't say they are nailing it. More like - Optus hit the ground running, only they forgot to tie their shoes.
    --
    iMac 21.5" w/ Radeon HD 4670, MacBook Pro 1.83 Ghz, White iPhone 3G

Quote Originally Posted by dathnoth View Post
    ill sell my soul to the devil (optus)
    Whats wrong with Optus?

my brother, who has worked in the telecommunication business for years for telstra, who is a real nut with customer service, price, coverage and overal business image doesn't speak much of them at all. The weasels just don't deserve business. Formerly working for Telstra for 7 years, was asked to work in call center trying to sell Telstra product that was devious and sneaky to customers. He turned them down to find a new job with Qantas.

I sopose that is just big companies doing business, but coming from a telco with no problems, no hassles (so far), i was so glad that Vodafone will be carrying the iPhone. I just hope this late delivery of iphone plans doesn't put them a lap behind the rest of the competition.
    [B]mail | twitter |

Ok - updated with hopefully all stores listed in the thread so far as of this post.

Regards,
    Shane.

Quote Originally Posted by danno74 View Post
    Anyone know when the Brisbane Optus stores will be opening? I've pre-registered and put down the Fortitude Valley Optus Store. Anyone know when that will be opening to pre-registered customers?
    Do you want someone to spoon feed you? Give 'em a call and then let everyone else know. That's the way these details are being posted... someone (ie: you) calls a store, then lets everyone know. If the details aren't here, then chances are very very good that no one knows.
    See wineweek.com.au for rapid tips on which wines are worth buying and drinking.
    Follow me on twitter: wineweek or uncyherb

Brisbane Stores:

Elizabeth St: 7am
    Chermside: 9am - but that's not a definite. It could be earlier.
    Indooroopilly: Might be 7am or it might be 9am. She said she had no idea.
    Mitchelton: 9am (until further notice I think he said)
    Stafford City: Not sure.
    Toombul: 9am-5:30pm.

iPhone 1st gen has been 'out of stock' for over a month now and iPhone 3G has been public for most of that time.

I'd say they will have about a million iPhones (quite literally) to sell all over the planet on the 11th. What percentage Australia sees of that will be a totally different issue, though

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast