Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

Join the discussions, Register Now!

Exclamation Organized 1.0 released

Thanks to everyone who helped with the beta.

Take care of the little jobs with Organized, a new widget from iSlayer featuring a calendar with events, world clocks, notes and to do's. The calendar and to do's utilise OS X's inbuilt databases, so they're always in sync with iCal and Mail. The world clock uses our very own database with over 700 locations.
    Download Organized 1.0 now (Requires Mac OS X 10.5)

Edit: Please digg this!

nice!

this is awesome! got to take out a few widgets that this already has.

great widget! keep up the good work!

. . . .

Nice, good job on the widget. One thing I've been meaning to ask though. Both iStat Pro and now Organizer don't fit in my 15" MBP screen sometimes. They can be waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyy too long or too deep. Right now, my iStat Pro is as wide as the screen.

When I switch to my MacBook, the same widgets don't fit at all. Well, I have an hsdpa modem set up and it takes up three columns on iStat pro because it uses three different network items and I can't selectively remove them

As for Organizer, some of my task lists are done through Things and I can put a long description in them This leads to the widget being longer than my screen can show. Would be nice if there's a way to scroll up and down on the to do list description (after clicking I for the item).

Still, you guys make the best widgets.
    Twitter: @aulia - Macworld.com blogger
    iPhone 8GB | MacBook White 2.2GHz 4GB RAM 120GB HD | iMac G4 700MHz 256MB RAM 40GB HD

great widget guys,

Great job guys - I've been using this for a week and don't know how I lived without it!

You guys got a good write up in arstechnica!

http://arstechnica.com/journals/appl...ductivity-pain

Having a two display issues with the Organized 1.0 widget. I'm using OSX 10.5.4 on a 15 inch MacBook Pro.

1. Sometimes the widget shrinks so that I can only see two of my configured clocks (they still show in the settings but are not visible in the UI). I can drag one of the visible clocks downwards and it successfully switches places with the clock below (that isn't visible initially). The only way I've found to fix this is to go add another clock in the settings. Then all my clocks are visible again. There is a flickering when I switch amongst the tabs like the window wants to be the correct size, but won't stay there.

2. When I have an event with a large Note, there a) is no way to scroll down to see the remainder of the note and b) there is a black area at the end of the note that would be the complete size of the widget due to the clocks configured.

Here's a screenshot:

mayersj1: thanks. We'll probably do a 1.01 soon and try to catch any bugs like that (so keep posting any you find!).

Quote Originally Posted by Gerbils View Post
    You guys got a good write up in arstechnica!

Dashboard widget: Organized brings the productivity pain (Updated)
    Cheers! Thanks for the link.

Quote Originally Posted by mayersj1 View Post
    1. Sometimes the widget shrinks so that I can only see two of my configured clocks (they still show in the settings but are not visible in the UI). I can drag one of the visible clocks downwards and it successfully switches places with the clock below (that isn't visible initially). The only way I've found to fix this is to go add another clock in the settings. Then all my clocks are visible again. There is a flickering when I switch amongst the tabs like the window wants to be the correct size, but won't stay there.
    Could you post a screenshot of this one aswell if possible.
    The 2nd bug has been fixed and an update will be released later today.

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia

Nice work guys, love it!
    Once you go Mac, you never go back...

Default Bug, organized duplicating my events in the case of a move

I had organized on my dashboard and with the events tab open, I then open ical and move one of the events to a day it doesn't list, then go back to look at organized and it is still there, then I open ical again and it apears that organized created an event on the old date (so now I have 2 copies of the same event, one in the moved place and another on the old one that was shown on organized before and after closing ical).

If you fix this bug I will be very happy, thanks.

Default Suggestions

Hello and thank you for the great widget. I downloaded it yesterday and it already feels like a very useful addition to my widget arsenal.

I do however have a couple of small suggestions for additional features:

1. An option to have the week start on Monday instead of Sunday, as is customary where I live. This would make it easier for me to get a feel for the current calendar month with just a quick look.

2. An option to select (via checkboxes or somesuch) which calendars are visible under Events. As of now you can choose to have either all calendars or only one specific calendar visible, with no options in between.

Also, when I click on the square icon thingamajik under the Events tab (next to the calendar selection dropdown menu) iCal opens up on the date of March 7, 2008, regardless of which date I had open the last time I used iCal. Surely this is not intentional?

Again, thank you for the great widget

Quote Originally Posted by rollomooro View Post
    1. An option to have the week start on Monday instead of Sunday, as is customary where I live. This would make it easier for me to get a feel for the current calendar month with just a quick look.
    An option will be added 1.1

2. An option to select (via checkboxes or somesuch) which calendars are visible under Events. As of now you can choose to have either all calendars or only one specific calendar visible, with no options in between.
    Will be added in the next update

Also, when I click on the square icon thingamajik under the Events tab (next to the calendar selection dropdown menu) iCal opens up on the date of March 7, 2008, regardless of which date I had open the last time I used iCal. Surely this is not intentional?
    Will be fixed in the next update aswell.

Don't forget to digg

Oddly enough, I'm not able to reproduce this one now. I'll keep trying...

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by iSlayer View Post
    Could you post a screenshot of this one aswell if possible.
    The 2nd bug has been fixed and an update will be released later today.

Quote Originally Posted by mayersj1 View Post
    Oddly enough, I'm not able to reproduce this one now. I'll keep trying...
    Thats kinda what i expected after a few other emails we have received. The bug seems to disappear after the widget has been reloaded and it doesn't seem to be a global bug to start with either. We have tried over and over and over to reproduce it and havent been able to so we really dont know whats causing it.
    Do you happen to remember if you changed any other settings at the same time ? (im wondering if you need to change something else at the same time as adding the clocks to make it happen)

Quote Originally Posted by iSlayer View Post
    An option will be added 1.1
    [...]
    Will be added in the next update
    [...]
    Will be fixed in the next update aswell.
    Good to hear. It seems you were a couple of steps ahead of me already

We've just released an update with loads of small things fixed/tweaked.

Disabling calendars made it in this update too.

More info here: iSlayer.com