Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

» Join the discussions, Register Now!
Page 1 of 70 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast
    Tragedies's Avatar Tragedies is offline I reject your reality, and substitute my own.

Default Vague Telstra iPhone 3G Plan & Pricing Info

Apparently Telstra's iPhones will include exclusive Telstra applications.

Telstra sources have said that its developers had been working on a range of exclusive applications for the iPhone, which they believe will be a major incentive for customers. "One of the most attractive features of the iPhone is the huge range of third-party applications that have been developed for the first iPhone. Telstra is committed to providing a range of unique iPhone apps that will make it the clear choice for consumers when considering which carrier to buy their iPhone from."

Quote Originally Posted by cjuiz View Post
    $30 a month? I doubt that'll include data. But free wifi! Telstra's wifi hotspots are everywhere.
    Yeah, I doubt it too...but frankly, I don't think I would be using much data...but wifi, most definitely!
    | MacBook Air 11" | Mac Mini 2011| iPhone 5 64GB | iPad Mini 16GB | iPod Nano 4GB | iPod Hi-Fi | AirPort Extreme |
    | Traded | Huy | Alessiman | DagrtheSnide | alan7948 | iCameron | chris | dsiew |

That's what I feared

Quote Originally Posted by decryption View Post
    Its official baby Apple iPhone 3G - Telstra
    Holy shit, that's awesome.

I thought you were joking too, the site didn't load for a while.

$30 plan!! W00t.
    | iMac Alu.| 11-inch MacBook Air | iPhone 4S 64GB

Tragedies's Avatar Tragedies is offline I reject your reality, and substitute my own.

Probably because so many people were going to it, heh.

You'd think msot people wouldnt care about data with WiFi hotspots everywhere they travel. Pretty much free internet anywhere with telstra xD

Yay - finally!

Telstra, thankyou!

No pre-paid on Telstra by the look of it???

I actually like the rumoured pricing for Telstra. Will be interesting to see the other 2 carriers pricing in regards to it.

Quote Originally Posted by matthew858 View Post
    Look here. I knew Telstra would put their own software on the phone. How do you hack a Telstra phone to remove their crap?
    It doesnt say that they will force it on you, and a restore on the iPhone will probably remove the crap if they do put it on there.

Great News.... As Telstra are Tassies only 3G coverage

Presently I spend $40 with Telstra as I had to take the $10 data pack. Migrating to a new 3g phone would save me $10 per month. I do hope they take my idea of making the first gen phones work without hacking. Even if they said folks had to buy a new sim.

Great news indeed... Nice to finally see some pricing also... Surely this will cause other telco's to react and start announcing their pricing too...

Being a Vodafone customer (pre-pay), the access to Telstra Wi-Fi is appealing...

I wonder how much data and calls are included...

From the press release: "The Next G iPhone 3G plans start at $30 per month with an upfront cost of $279 for the 8GB model and $399 for the 16GB model. Customers will receive the 8GB iPhone 3G model at no cost with the $80 plan and either the 8GB or the 16GB model at no cost with plans starting at $100 per month. All plans include free Wi-Fi access at Telstra hotspots and require a 24-month contract."

More coming soon chaps.
    Free Telstra wi-fi is AWESOME as it's in a lot of places in the CBD!

If the phone costs $280 on a 30 a month plan, how much would prepaid be IF they did provide prepaid?

Nothing like a press release cut and paste:

Telstra and Apple to bring iPhone 3G to Australia on July 11

MELBOURNE, Australia –June 30, 2008–Telstra, Australia's leading telecommunications and information services company, and Apple today announced that the highly anticipated iPhone 3G will be available to Telstra's over 9 million Australian customers on July 11. iPhone 3G combines all the revolutionary features of iPhone with 3G networking that is twice as fast* as the first generation iPhone, built-in GPS for expanded location based mobile services, and iPhone 2.0 software which includes support for Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync and runs the hundreds of third party applications already built with the recently released iPhone SDK.

"Australians are very excited about iPhone 3G and we're delighted to bring this product to them on Telstra's high-speed Next G™ network," said David Moffatt, Telstra's consumer group managing director. "With iPhone 3G on the country's largest and fastest 3G network, providing coverage to 99 percent of the population, more Australians will enjoy the iPhone 3G experience in even more places."

"We're thrilled to work with Telstra to bring iPhone 3G to Australia's largest 3G network," said Tim Cook, Apple's COO. "iPhone 3G is an amazing product and we think Telstra's over 9 million mobile customers will love it as much as we do."

iPhone 3G will be available from Telstra on July 11 with a range of specially designed Next G™ iPhone 3G plans that meet the needs of any customer. The Next G iPhone 3G plans start at $30 per month with an upfront cost of $279 for the 8GB model and $399 for the 16GB model. Customers will receive the 8GB iPhone 3G model at no cost with the $80 plan and either the 8GB or the 16GB model at no cost with plans starting at $100 per month. All plans include free Wi-Fi access at Telstra hotspots and require a 24-month contract.

Customers can find further information and register their interest in iPhone 3G by visiting a nearby Telstra Shop, calling 1800iPhone or going to www.telstra.com/iphone.

Telstra Media Contact – Peter Taylor, Tel: 0439 031 996
    Apple Media Contact - Fiona Martin, Tel: 0421 052 769

*Based on 3G and EDGE testing. Actual speeds vary by site conditions.

Telstra is Australia's leading telecommunications and information services company with the country's largest and fastest 3G network and one of the best known brands in the country. The company offers a full range of services and competes in all telecommunications markets throughout Australia, providing more than 9.6 million Australian fixed line and more than 9.3 million mobile services, including 3.3 million 3G services.

Apple ignited the personal computer revolution in the 1970s with the Apple II and reinvented the personal computer in the 1980s with the Macintosh. Today, Apple continues to lead the industry in innovation with its award-winning computers, OS X operating system and iLife and professional applications. Apple is also spearheading the digital media revolution with its iPod portable music and video players and iTunes online store, and has entered the mobile phone market with its revolutionary iPhone.
    ™ Trademark of Telstra Corporation Limited
    It's what's not there that makes what's there what it is.

Exocet's Avatar Exocet is offline We're gonna need to move you down into storage B.

Copy-pasted from earlier in the thread was it?

Need to know what these plans include. Telstra insiders GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! (minor Elite Beat Agents reference there)
    Alu MacBook 2.4GHZ | iPhone 4 32GB (Telstra) | iPod Classic 80GB (1G)

Quote Originally Posted by Tragedies View Post
    If the phone costs $280 on a 30 a month plan, how much would prepaid be IF they did provide prepaid?
    Well there's no such thing as a 30 month plan , you probably mean the standard 24 months. But the plan isn't a good indicator of how much prepaid will cost.

The only country to announce prepaid prices is italy and it costs over $800 for the 8GB and over $900 for the 16GB. Rumoured UK prices are lower however.

These Telstra plans are much better than expected, however the presence of Free WiFi suggests that's just to make up for crappy data rates. $100 16GB iPhone on a $80 plan, I'll go for that, but only if I get at least 1GB of data and Vodafone/Optus aren't better.

Yeah, a two year contract.

Well I do hope they offer prepaid alternatives, heh.

Page 1 of 70 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast