Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

» Join the discussions, Register Now!
Page 3 of 70 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast

Just lurking over at Telstra's website and came across the (previously discussed) hiptop page. Now, we have a $30 iPhone plan, so does the hiptop and look what that includes:

Get an unlimited data plan* for your hiptop® slide and you can:

* Send texts
    * Use Messenger

* Check mobile websites
    * Send pics and email

This unlimited data plan is just $30 a month for 24 months^, plus the cost of the hiptop® slide.

Things you need to know
    Minimum cost of $30 hiptop® plan and hiptop® slide phone is $1279, plus excess usage charges. (see:hiptop Homepage – Get Connected with the hiptop slide, MySpace and Telstra)

Thinks are looking up boys!
    Alu MacBook 2.4GHZ | iPhone 4 32GB (Telstra) | iPod Classic 80GB (1G)

What do I do with my current phone with them, do I have to pay that one out before I start using my iPhone?
    It's one thing to nod, it's another to know.

iam i right in saying that Australia is the first country to have the iphone on more than two providers?

Quote Originally Posted by rick123 View Post
    iam i right in saying that Australia is the first country to have the iphone on more than two providers?
    I would think so.
    | MacBook Air 11" | Mac Mini 2011| iPhone 5 64GB | iPad Mini 16GB | iPod Nano 4GB | iPod Hi-Fi | AirPort Extreme |
    | Traded | Huy | Alessiman | DagrtheSnide | alan7948 | iCameron | chris | dsiew |

Quote Originally Posted by watters View Post
    Just lurking over at Telstra's website and came across the (previously discussed) hiptop page. Now, we have a $30 iPhone plan, so does the hiptop and look what that includes:

Get an unlimited data plan* for your hiptop® slide and you can:

* Send texts
    * Use Messenger

* Check mobile websites
    * Send pics and email

This unlimited data plan is just $30 a month for 24 months^, plus the cost of the hiptop® slide.

Things you need to know
    Minimum cost of $30 hiptop® plan and hiptop® slide phone is $1279, plus excess usage charges. (see:hiptop Homepage – Get Connected with the hiptop slide, MySpace and Telstra)

Thinks are looking up boys!
    The hiptop plans are sweet sweet deals for telstra. i always hoped that they would offer deals similar to them, hell when i got my 1st gen iPhone i tried to get the hiptop plan but its tied to the Hiptop/sidekick bastard of a device.

.a

I think we will be the first to have three, yes!
    Alu MacBook 2.4GHZ | iPhone 4 32GB (Telstra) | iPod Classic 80GB (1G)

Quote Originally Posted by rickyd View Post
    What do I do with my current phone with them, do I have to pay that one out before I start using my iPhone?
    Yes, you pay the remaining months on your contract. IIRC, it's not the full monthly charged, but a percentage or something.

well i hate to be an 'i-told-you-so' but i and a few others did.

there was never any way Apple would ignore the only local telco that covers the entire flipping continent and is at least half Aussie owned.

so raspberries to all you Telstra-knockers

and if you want to go down that 'knockers' path - our tits are bigger than yours
    I intend to live forever - so far, so good

No, I think one other country has three.

Quote Originally Posted by Edd View Post
    Anyone have a non-munted copy of Telstra's WIFI map? I downloaded the website one, but neither Appleworks nor Numbers could open it. And I have no intention of putting Office on here...
    Excel 2008 works.

EDIT: Here's the Wi-Fi coverage:
    http://www.freshbytes.com.au/filedump/telstrawi-fi.xls

Quote Originally Posted by Al Aero View Post
    Voda and Optus better come threw with the goods now or they are done iphone wise...

a.
    They are already done and dusted. They will finish up with a very small piece of the pie.
    "I want to lie, Shipwrecked and comotose, drinking fresh Mango Juice'.

www.barcoasters.com.au

Quote Originally Posted by silverdreamer View Post
    They are already done and dusted. They will finish up with a very small piece of the pie.
    heh heh heh
    I intend to live forever - so far, so good

Exocet's Avatar Exocet is offline We're gonna need to move you down into storage B.

Quote Originally Posted by Edd View Post
    Anyone have a non-munted copy of Telstra's WIFI map? I downloaded the website one, but neither Appleworks nor Numbers could open it. And I have no intention of putting Office on here...
    whereis.com - Unsupported browser and select "show wifi hotspots" when you do your search.

hyperventilates...
    if there was a hiptop like plan on the iPhone..

i can just jailbreak it and make VOIP calls..
    OMFG, OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*and calm*

Hmmm,

Sounds good - but its the "24 month contract" bit that I'm not too happy about.

I swore I would never, ever sign up for a 24 month plan, with anyone, ever again after I finally finished my indentured servitude with another service provider a few years ago.

Do I go back on my vow or just cave at "The Pretty"???

And you thought finding the right data plan was the big decision you had to make!

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

I'd be interested to see how the contracts are actually structured. I.e. how much wifi and how much 3G bandwidth they give you included in the price.
    http://twitter.com/TheMissionMan / Photo Page
    MacBook Air 13" 2.0GHz i7/8GB/512GB, iPhone 5 64GB, iPad Mini LTE 64GB, Nikon D700, MB-D10, 24-70 f/2.8, 70-200 f/2.8, 1.4x, SB700, SB600, Benro C3580T, Benro GH-1, Benro C48T

Quote Originally Posted by silverdreamer View Post

There's still 11 more days! I think most iPhone buyers will be researching the pricing plans released by all three telcos before frivolously signing up
    | MacBook Air 11" | Mac Mini 2011| iPhone 5 64GB | iPad Mini 16GB | iPod Nano 4GB | iPod Hi-Fi | AirPort Extreme |
    | Traded | Huy | Alessiman | DagrtheSnide | alan7948 | iCameron | chris | dsiew |

wow very interesting...i can bet in the next 48 hours there will be a release from either vodafone or optus if not both. then again i would consider leaving three to go to telstra now
    Macbook Pro 15" 2.2ghz
    Dell 24" Monitor, Ipod Nano G3 Black (8GB)
    Rocking the new Nokia e71 white......

Exocet's Avatar Exocet is offline We're gonna need to move you down into storage B.

Quote Originally Posted by adamerr View Post
    hyperventilates...
    if there was a hiptop like plan on the iPhone..

i can just jailbreak it and make VOIP calls..
    OMFG, OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*and calm*
    Uh I don't think that's quite been confirmed yet - all they've said is that it begins on a $30 plan, not what that $30 plan includes. Knowing Telstra, a "$30 plan" is simply $30 worth of voice calls, the same as the "$80 plan" mentioned in the press release will just be $80 worth of calls.

Wait and see before you blow your load

Quote Originally Posted by Exocet View Post
    http://classic.whereis.com.au and select "show wifi hotspots" when you do your search.

The site doesn't work

Page 3 of 70 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast