Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

Join the discussions, Register Now!
Page 2 of 70 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Exocet View Post
    Copy-pasted from earlier in the thread was it?
    Nah, just from the email from Telstra.

Oops.
    It's what's not there that makes what's there what it is.

Voda and Optus better come threw with the goods now or they are done iphone wise...

a.

Awesome!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by NeoRicen View Post
    Well there's no such thing as a 30 month plan , you probably mean the standard 24 months. But the plan isn't a good indicator of how much prepaid will cost.

The only country to announce prepaid prices is italy and it costs over $800 for the 8GB and over $900 for the 16GB. Rumoured UK prices are lower however.

These Telstra plans are much better than expected, however the presence of Free WiFi suggests that's just to make up for crappy data rates. $100 16GB iPhone on a $80 plan, I'll go for that, but only if I get at least 1GB of data and Vodafone/Optus aren't better.
    Yep, it makes it roughly worth $2000 over two years, which isn't two bad when you think about it.
    Alu MacBook 2.4GHZ | iPhone 4 32GB (Telstra) | iPod Classic 80GB (1G)

Default Official Telstra iPhone 3G Plan & Pricing Info

Now that it's official and outlined on this press release: http://mactalk.com.au/newsimg/tphone.pdf
    And on this Telstra website: Apple iPhone 3G - Telstra

We can talk about pricing and plans and details and no longer have to speculate

Awesome, now Optus and Vodafone need to be price competitive otherwise they will loose too many customers to the lure of NextG and its massive coverage.

This is awesome news! No update on the Apple site yet though.

Well, we still need to speculate over whats in the plans :P.

Anyone having trouble registering? When I click the button the page won't load.

I like I like I like.

$30 a month I can afford. $49 a month I could push. Anymore and it is good bye iPhone.

Vodafone and Optus better pull their fingers out soon...Pricing info will be crucial to customers.

Quote Originally Posted by cjuiz View Post
    Vodafone and Optus better pull their fingers out soon...Pricing info will be crucial to customers.
    :word: to that.

And I'm registered

Good news for rural customers. The prices are great, but the plans may be terrible, so who knows. If the $100 16GB on $80 plan has at least 1GB of data, I'm all over that.

Optus and Vodafone will be scrambling now. lol

An employee of Optus revealed that pricing and new plans tend to be released in the new financial year (starting tomorrow), however, they have in the past released pricing plans 2 days before a product launch.

I think both telcos will be tinkling their iPhone pricing plans now - either to make it more competitive and give it an edge over Telstra.

It will be hard to beat FREE access to Telstra's wifi hotspots. That and the starting 24 month plan of $30 is a winner for me (and many others!)
    | MacBook Air 11" | Mac Mini 2011| iPhone 5 64GB | iPad Mini 16GB | iPod Nano 4GB | iPod Hi-Fi | AirPort Extreme |
    | Traded | Huy | Alessiman | DagrtheSnide | alan7948 | iCameron | chris | dsiew |

Quote Originally Posted by NeoRicen View Post
    Good news for rural customers. The prices are great, but the plans may be terrible, so who knows. If the $100 16GB on $80 plan has at least 1GB of data, I'm all over that.
    Same, if they offer a nice data allowance I will upgrade my current iphone to the $100 plan

Certainly sounds positive, depending on what data comes with the plans.

Currently I'm paying Telstra $170/month for calls and 1Gb of data for my 1st Gen iPhone, so here's hoping that the $100/month iPhone 3G plan includes a generous data allowance and I can save $70/month and get a 'free' new iPhone as a bonus.

I'm still worried that Telstra will continue to separate the phone plan from the data allowance, and the $80 and $100 plans they quoted in the press release will require additional data packs to make them workable with the iPhone.
    Conrod - the connected App Platform for VW & Audi. Now with Apple Watch control! Check us out on Kickstarter!

Show me $80 plan info. If it has 1GB of data, hello Telstra!

Wow....gee that's smart of Telstra to get those plans out earlier than the others. Very tempted to make the switch, seeing as the 3g coverage where I work is woeful from Optus and Vodafone.

BTW, I had an email come through on the WAMUG mailing list. One of the chaps is a Vodafone reseller, and he states that prices will be announced either tomorrow or Wednesday. Pre-registration starts July 2nd in Voda reseller stores.

Anyone have a non-munted copy of Telstra's WIFI map? I downloaded the website one, but neither Appleworks nor Numbers could open it. And I have no intention of putting Office on here...

Just hope they take my advice and allow the 2g model to become legit and use the same plans.

Page 2 of 70 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast