Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

Join the discussions, Register Now!

Default Forget the iPhone. The big news for today is Devo are coming to Australia!

Fellow spuds, rejoice! DEVO - the original free thinkers, inadvertent inventors of electro-pop, the drum machine and the energy dome - return to Australia this coming winter to headline the Splendour in the Grass Festival and to perform a series of side shows in concert halls around the country.

I've got my ticket for the Melbourne show thanks to Ticketmaster's VIP pre-sale.

It's a shame that they're playing at Festival Hall (or, as I like to call it, Festering Ball), it's a shit hole... but on the other hand that's the same venue they played last time they were here in 1982 and I missed that gig. So there's some history there and maybe by playing the same dump they played back then, there's some kind of DEVOLUTION

And, props to Ticketmaster for making it harder for robot scalpers to buy tickets and flog them on ebay for quadruple the cost. Damn those robots.

Where's Half Goon Half God?

delux's Avatar delux is offline It helps to have a mirror in the room

Awesome news, im sure all the 80's kids will be lovong this. Duran Duran and Devo all in the one year. WOOOOOO

Dont be so quick to knock festi hall though, i saw a 5 hour show there recently and aside from getting into the place the venue was fantastic. plenty of room, well ventilated.

Are they only playing in Melbourne?
    Can't find any Brisbane dates.

JULY 31: Melbourne, Australia @ Festival Hall
    AUG. 1: Sydney, Australia @ Hordern Pavilion
    AUG. 2: Byron Bay, Australia @ Splendor in the Grass Festival
    AUG. 4: Adelaide, Australia @ Thebarton Theatre
    AUG. 6: Perth, Australia @ Metro City

They're being supported by Regurgitator. In my eyes, this will be the best show ever. Regurgitator's been my all-time favourite band for the last 10 years, so I am super excited to see them supporting another favourite band of mine.

Thebarton's a great venue as well. I've seen Belle & Sebastian and Jarvis Cocker/Phoenix/Pixies there, and it's got great sound.

Unless tickets go on sale Wednesday night for the Adelaide show, I'll be down at Venuetix 9am Thursday. This is gonna be awesome.

We're through being cool.

Brains, is that from your private collection?

Do you also have an Energy Dome?

No, that was just a pic that wandered past my vision a few days ago; saw your post, remembered where it was, nabbed it, shared it. I like how it's the same body but with interchangeable heads, that's so typically Devo

I did have an Energy Dome that I bought at Devo's Adelaide concert @ memorial Drive back in umm, 82 ... but a few years later, my first-born, then two, thought it was a seat. Crunch

Brains, you're like a piece of living history. Could you tell us more of the live Devo experience? Considering that, apart from their one show in 1997, that was the only other time they've played in Australia, I'd love to hear what they were like back then.

I really hope they're bringing plenty of energy domes with them. I have to get one of those.