Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

Join the discussions, Register Now!
Page 28 of 78 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 38 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Phase View Post
    "Today Optus and Vodafone Australia have released plans for the Australian release of Apple's 3G iPhone, that will debut on our shores, 11th July. But with a catch. 'It's Australia's biggest scavenger hunt, we've hidden the plans all over the Eastern Coast Cities, who knows where they could be' Said Vodafone's CEO John Smith 'We think our customers will be delighted in this turn of events. Good Luck"
    this cant be true.
    where did you get it from?

EDIT: oh wait, it was sarcasm... nevermind.

HAHAHA, where did you get that from.

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia

Just a quick jaunt around the world to where Vodafone is releasing the iPhone on July 11....
    Australia, Italy, New Zealand and Portugal.

No details released in any country. Sort of makes you wonder about their perceived notions of not letting Optus or Telstra have a marketing advantage.
    2013 MacBook Air, MacBook Pro 15" 2.4/500GB, 2x 27" iMacs, iPhone 5 Black, several iPads.

I am the tech savvy at-risk youth.

Your fake story is in a different font to the signature.

hehe...very clever.
    2013 MacBook Air, MacBook Pro 15" 2.4/500GB, 2x 27" iMacs, iPhone 5 Black, several iPads.

Quote Originally Posted by Phase View Post
    I emailed Greg, and asked when they would be releasing the plan details. He responded with: "Nah na nah na na!"

Quote Originally Posted by kevinnugent View Post
    I emailed Greg, and asked when they would be releasing the plan details. He responded with: "Nah na nah na na!"
    I was in Starbuck in Brisbane and I found a $79 and the letter G. This promotion sucks

I was told yesterday by vodafone plans and pricing will be release on the 10th not before

Quote Originally Posted by matthew858 View Post
    Your fake story is in a different font to the signature.
    Oddly enough, it's the same, that's just what OS X screen shots do occasionally.

Why don't they freaking announce it already?!?! Everyone else has pretty much!!
    Twitter | Upcoming Pixar | Pixar Planet | Facebook | Flickr | ThomasHuxley.com
    2011 13" MBP 4GB RAM 320GB HDD | 16GB WiFi Black iPad 2 | 32GB Black iPhone 4

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy_warnock View Post
    I was told yesterday by vodafone plans and pricing will be release on the 10th not before
    Let's think about this logically for a moment. How many people do you think have Pre-registered with Vodafone for the iPhone? Would 40,000 be a reasonable number?

In the spiel, they state that we will be getting a call from their Direct Deals iPhone team. How long would you estimate it takes to call a customer, explain the plans and/or point them to a web-site and answer any questions that poor slob might have? 2- 3 minutes?

OK....let's assume that they don't ring us until after the plans are released. You've been advised 24 hours before release of the actual device.

My maths may be rusty, but on an average call of 2.5 minutes would equate to about 1,666.67 man hours. Let's assume Vodafone have how many people in their Direct Deals Iphone team? 100? That's 16.667 hours each.... without stopping.

Someone will pick holes in my logic, and please do, but I'm reasoning that Vodafone will need to advise us sooner than that, just to get through the poor slobs that pre-registered.

this is worse than watching water boil on low heat.

we will be getting a call from their Direct Deals iPhone team.
    we are getting calls now?
    oh.
    id rather just the email

Let's think about this logically for a moment. How many people do you think have Pre-registered with Vodafone for the iPhone? Would 40,000 be a reasonable number?

In the spiel, they state that we will be getting a call from their Direct Deals iPhone team. How long would you estimate it takes to call a customer, explain the plans and/or point them to a web-site and answer any questions that poor slob might have? 2- 3 minutes?

OK....let's assume that they don't ring us until after the plans are released. You've been advised 24 hours before release of the actual device.

My maths may be rusty, but on an average call of 2.5 minutes would equate to about 1,666.67 man hours. Let's assume Vodafone have how many people in their Direct Deals Iphone team? 100? That's 16.667 hours each.... without stopping.

Someone will pick holes in my logic, and please do, but I'm reasoning that Vodafone will need to advise us sooner than that, just to get through the poor slobs that pre-registered.
    Well we only have 6 business days left my money is on the 10th the plans will be announced, they are under no obligation to release them sooner

Quote Originally Posted by adamerr View Post
    we are getting calls now?
    oh.
    id rather just the email
    "Our iPhone sales team will be in contact with all the details shortly.
    Pre-registration is available to anyone, not only Vodafone customers."

Actually, now I read it again it doesn't necessarily mean a call does it. They will be in contact....that could be anything. Although, I do remember reading about being called by the "Direct Deals" team.... dunno where I got that phraseology from.

as long as its not a call from a "telemarketer" type over in some random country.
    it gets annoying setting up an internet connection and having sound out each letter...

Me: "A for apple D for dog A for apple..."
    to the reply;
    "HANG ON!, does it go apple - apple - dog - dog"

*slaps forhead*

from the vodafone email on the 20th of June... (12 days ago)

"So, what next?
    Since you have taken the time to pre-register, you are now at the front of the line. We will be rolling out these exciting offers very soon, so make sure to keep an eye on your inbox to stay ahead of the game."

sounds like a bunch of lies right about now.

ha. just for kicks i hit reply on the vodafone iphone email... asked for some information... wonder how long it will take to get a bounce-back.
    iMac 21.5" 2.8 i7 + iPhone4 32gb [Black] + MacBook [Uni body 2008] + iPad 64gb 3G/Wifi

Default I'm considering ditching Vodafone over this.

I've just had a peak around the world, at the markets that Vodafone are playing in with the 11/7 release of the iPhone, and guess what? They haven't released details in any of those markets!

So, Australia - New Zealand - Italy & Portugal. Nothing. I'm really quite pissed about it. Think about it - it's got nothing to do with Optus or Telstra or anyone else.... it's bloody Vodafone!

I'm really considering ditching them after this. It'll cost me the grand total of $79 as of today to cancel my contract with them (as per the very apologetic Customer Care guys).

Wow. Some people are petty.

Guys, seriously, relax. I don't understand why on earth people are getting so worked up. You're going to buy it. There wont be many plans. Just chill!

I want one as much as anyone, I just cannot understand how people are getting so worked up over some bloody pricing plans? Seriously guys.

(/rant again and again)
    "Some say, that if you hold him in the wrong way, he doesn't work properly..."
    - Jeremy Clarkson

Page 28 of 78 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 38 ... LastLast