Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

Join the discussions, Register Now!
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11

Thread: MobileMe

so 2.5 hours until iTunes 7.7!

There are four days left until my free subscription is up, and i am trying to justify the $2 a week for mobile me but i just can't, is there any new features coming next year or is this pretty much it for a while?

Nick

Quote Originally Posted by simplynick View Post
    There are four days left until my free subscription is up, and i am trying to justify the $2 a week for mobile me but i just can't, is there any new features coming next year or is this pretty much it for a while?

Nick
    'Pretty much it for a while' I'd say. What other features could it provide?

It's all over. I didn't use it for the entire trial period. By using the email your then locked in to paying for it, forever. And Google Calendar is just as good.

Aladdin's Avatar Aladdin is offline Drink Coffee - Do Stupid Things Faster

MobileMe - one stop shop - email, photo gallery (with password access), webpage, sync iCal and Address Book and Safari bookmarks over multiple computers and iPhones (4 devices in total) - bliss.

Hoping for future email service upgrades including 'plus addressing', push to folders (not just inbox), SMTP with own domain name - the list keeps growing.

I'm happy enough to stay - for now . . .
    Rise & Shine: the early spoon gets the morning wood.

Default Read the fine print

Quote Originally Posted by fompsweeva View Post
    I just noticed on the Apple online store you can purchase mobile me for $89 with a new mac, which is a bit more attractive than buying outright.
    It is only the first year of mobile me at a discount through a rebate. It doesn't allow you to "re-new" your mobileme subscription for that price.

Or that is what the apple girl on the phone said anyway.

Butch.
    Ice Ice . . . . Baby!

Save a bit by buying it on eBay and then use the code to renew.

Quote Originally Posted by Aladdin View Post
    MobileMe - one stop shop - email, photo gallery (with password access), webpage, sync iCal and Address Book and Safari bookmarks over multiple computers and iPhones (4 devices in total) - bliss.

Hoping for future email service upgrades including 'plus addressing', push to folders (not just inbox), SMTP with own domain name - the list keeps growing.

I'm happy enough to stay - for now . . .
    You forgot the iDisk, probably the best reason to have it. I don't use a USB key, CD burner or HDD anymore, all files I want to transport are just up there in the cloud, and I barely have to think about it.

Aladdin's Avatar Aladdin is offline Drink Coffee - Do Stupid Things Faster

Quote Originally Posted by NeoRicen View Post
    You forgot the iDisk, probably the best reason to have it. I don't use a USB key, CD burner or HDD anymore, all files I want to transport are just up there in the cloud, and I barely have to think about it.
    Hey, you're right. iDisk rocks, even more so with MobileFiles on iPhone. And as you say, a handy place to store stuff and still have easy access to.

I've just recently tried Backup - uploading data seemed to take forever (approx 100MB per hour) on my 1500/256 ADSL.
    Rise & Shine: the early spoon gets the morning wood.

iDisk never worked for me.

Then I tried uploading with Cyberduck, and now it works like a charm, its so fast. So much better than with finder.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11