Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

Join the discussions, Register Now!

Thread: Menu Bars

Just wondering if someone might know about how to get an applications Menu bar over to the extended desktop? ie: second monitor.

And if its also possible for the dock as well?

I have a 900MHz G3 iBook that I enabled extended display with. because it just makes more sense to get what I PAID FOR...APPLE!

The problem I am having is when I use an app in the external monitor, I have to come all the way over to the iBook monitor to go to the menu.

Is there a fix to this, or a trick or something that can enable me to put the applications menu bar, in the same monitor as the application?

Steve.
    WTF is Harmonytech? | The iBook Saga. | Successful Trades: Currawong, Byrd, xedos, Decryption, Greenie, Mivory
    sudo chmod 327 /etc/car/subaru

I haven't tried ,multiple desktop myself in OS X, however if it's anything like OS 9 days, which it probably is, you can only have the menu bar on one screen but you should be able to choose which screen. In fact now that I think about it a guy does this with his 12" P'Book at work, everything is run on the external monitor (including menu bars) and the P'book screen is just for iChat and iTunes
    2.5 GHz 15" MacBook Pro, 27" iMac, G4 Cube, 2 x Colour Classic, 840AV, iPhone, iPad

Yeah, this is what I have been doing myself.

Seems like the only option available.

Thanks

Steve
    WTF is Harmonytech? | The iBook Saga. | Successful Trades: Currawong, Byrd, xedos, Decryption, Greenie, Mivory
    sudo chmod 327 /etc/car/subaru

Originally posted by pipsqeek@Apr 14 2004, 06:49 PM
    I have a 900MHz G3 iBook that I enabled extended display with. because it just makes more sense to get what I PAID FOR...APPLE!

The problem I am having is when I use an app in the external monitor, I have to come all the way over to the iBook monitor to go to the menu.
    What super iBook is this? I thought iBooks only supported video mirroring.

They do, but there's a hack you can install that will let them run an extended desktop on an external screen.
    Good. Fast. Cheap. Pick two...

In the Desktop System Pref Pane where you arrange the monitors, you can drag the menu bar to either monitor.
    The discussion has continued at AppleTalk Australia.

Originally posted by LCGuy@Apr 29 2004, 07:57 PM
    They do, but there's a hack you can install that will let them run an extended desktop on an external screen.
    Really? Where do I get it??

A quick google turned up this:

http://www.macosxhints.com/article.php?sto...021024062517608

Remember, google knows all...