Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

Join the discussions, Register Now!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thanks for that information, it is good just to know for normal phones and will be very useful when you add the iphone plans

Quick question: is it actually likely that the iPhone will be released on a plan as cheap as $49 p/month? From what I've heard, it's probably going to be closer to $80...
    βen
    Desktop: Early 2008 20" iMac (2.4GHz, 4GB RAM)
    Laptop: Mid 2009 13" Macbook Pro (2.23GHz, 2GB RAM)

I reckon so. They will have plans to suit most people e.g. $49 to $69+ a month for 24 months or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by benzoenator View Post
    Quick question: is it actually likely that the iPhone will be released on a plan as cheap as $49 p/month? From what I've heard, it's probably going to be closer to $80...
    If you're a sucker and use the plans they offer.

Two possibilities are that if you pay upfront you can get a $49 cap because they don't need to charge so much to subsidise. Even if they do subsidise they could use the BlackBerry model which is a $49 Cap but $30 for the phone, email and data (like Vodafone and Optus do now), so it IS a $49 cap, but you're spending $80 a month.

if Telstra can offer the Hiptop plan $30/month for unlimited Data (web, email, sms, MSN etc) why couldn't they do something like that for the iPhone?
    iMac 27" i7 3.5Ghz 512 SSD| iPhone X Black 64Gb | MacBook Air 13" 240 SSD

Quote Originally Posted by sleek881 View Post
    if Telstra can offer the Hiptop plan $30/month for unlimited Data (web, email, sms, MSN etc) why couldn't they do something like that for the iPhone?
    Because they won't have the iPhone.*

*Not saying they won't, but if they don't then that would be a reason.

Also, the iPhone will almost undoubtedly be more popular than the HipTop, so maybe Telstra can't afford (yeah right, but that will be their excuse) to give all iPhone customers unlimited data.

Optus gives unlimited data on the BlackBerry, so maybe they'll give something similar to the iPhone, but the blackberry is only 2G and has a crappy browser, so they don't expect people on unlimited data plans to use much data.

This artical is very impressive. i heard the other day through a really good source that vodafone is coming out with a new $69 cap that contains the $49 cap and a 2gb data plane. We will find out soon if it is really true may be in time for the Iphone.
    MacBook Pro 15" i7, MacBook 2.13, MacBook Pro 15" 2.0 & 12" PowerBook
    Time Capsule 1TB, TV 160, iPod 3rd gen 20 GB, iPad 32GB wifi & TV 2
    iPhone 4 32 GB. (I wish i could center the text again)

Quote Originally Posted by SSUteboy View Post
    This artical is very impressive. i heard the other day through a really good source that vodafone is coming out with a new $69 cap that contains the $49 cap and a 2gb data plane. We will find out soon if it is really true may be in time for the Iphone.
    If not that it will be something similar, I'll be putting out something like this for iPhone plans when they're announced.

Quote Originally Posted by Galumay View Post
    as i posted in your other thread, there are ways of getting around tel$tra's piracy pricing for their Same G network. I am paying about $45 for 1Gb of data on a prepaid USIM using credits purchased on Feebay.
    How does this work mate? Colour me interested!

Excellent work again NeoRicen. many thumbs up.

It's all about waiting to see what plans are announced but your work is the best insight into the current "space" I've seen.
    Remember when Apple was the little upstart?

Its clear that three has the best plans across the most demanded price range.

All the rest dont even come close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2