Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

Join the discussions, Register Now!

Angry Moving Contribute to my Mac

I have used Contribute for a number of years on my PC but now I have moved over to a Mac I find I am not allowed to bring it over even if my disc has mac and pc versions. Nor am I allowed to upgrade to CS3 and load that on my Mac. After many hours of frustration with the Adobe helpline the only answer I can get out of anyone is that I am required to buy a full version of CS3. So much for being a loyal user of this program. Well that got me annoyed so I now I am in the process of transferring my web site into iWeb. Not that I intend to return to a pc but if I did I presume the whole mess would occur in reverse.

Regis2008

The elegant answer (assuming there is anything elegant about Windows!) is to run Windows on your Mac, either by using Apple's provided Boot Camp or via a 'virtual machine' program such as Parallels or Fusion which lets you run Windows and OSX concurrently. You can transfer your Windows licence to the Mac, and then run all your old Windows apps.

Quote Originally Posted by Regis2008 View Post
    I have used Contribute for a number of years on my PC but now I have moved over to a Mac I find I am not allowed to bring it over even if my disc has mac and pc versions. Nor am I allowed to upgrade to CS3 and load that on my Mac. After many hours of frustration with the Adobe helpline the only answer I can get out of anyone is that I am required to buy a full version of CS3. So much for being a loyal user of this program. Well that got me annoyed so I now I am in the process of transferring my web site into iWeb. Not that I intend to return to a pc but if I did I presume the whole mess would occur in reverse.
    Contribute does not equal iWeb!

They are not only not in the same league, they are not in the same concept.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contribute

Contribute is a website editing tool, not a website development tool. A web developer is still required to build the initial website design (usually using Dreamweaver templates).

So Dreamweaver is in the same concept as iWeb, but not in the same league.

If you are going to use iWeb now, then why you purchased, or were sold, Contribute was a very poor choice.