6 1.99%
  • iCab

0 0%
  • OmniWeb

8 2.66%
  • Other (please specify)

7 2.33%
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

I thought I'd do a poll, in curiousity, plus boredom (being friday at work) on what browsers people use.

Me personally, I use primarily Camino, but as of lately, there are some sites where camino fails, and safari wins, and vice versa, so it now looks like Safari is back in the favourites and camino as secondary :\

I moved to camino originally because it was able to have flash movies running smoothly on an inactive browser window (say on a secondary screen) which i used to use a fair bit..

So fire away chaps/chapettes, and tell us what you use to search the interweb....

I'll use Safari and if I can't use it for some reason (LIKE GETTING INTO HOTMAIL), then I'll fire up Camino.

1. Camino for most things.

2. Firefox for difficult sites. (Firefox appears to have a 12 second start-up delay - whilst as Camino is instant).

How we lurv our instant gratification!

cw

I use the Webkit nightlies, but if there's something wrong with the site Im viewing, I always have Camino and Opera on standby
    MacBook 5,1: 2.0GHz, 4GB RAM, 500GB HDD, SuperDrive, OS X 10.7, Windows 7
    Mac Mini 4,1: 2.4GHz, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 1TB Ext. HDD (Time Machine), 2TB Ext. HDD, OS X 10.8

Firefox ... consistency across all OSes I use - Mac, BeOS, Windows ...

Safari ... for downloading/installing widgets.
    I code, I eat and I'm hungry for more.

i use flock ... it's a great browser ... the only thing i don't like about it is you cant create sub-folders in your bookmark folders, which is quite annoying ... but apart from that its a great browser and works really well for only a beta 1 release

it's based on firefox, so its fast ... the thing that sets it aside from firefox is that it has a built-in RSS READER !

http://www.flock.com
    righto then

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ClockWork &#064; Jul 14 2006, 03&#58;33 PM) [snapback]194903[/snapback]</div>
    ...whilst as Camino is instant...
    [/b]
    I find your &#39;as&#39; redundant.

I use Firefox on XP at work. Safari at home.
    .sig

One vote for Camino. I use Safari at home though
    Macs: MBP 13" C2D 2.23GHz

Safari with SafariStand and PithHelmet

Camino now. Previously I&#39;d switch between Safari and Firefox.

Safari 70% of the time
    Firefox (with Firefoxy) 20% of the time
    Camino 5% of the time

And i&#39;ll have a play with the others whenever it suits

Firefox has so many plusses but for me the decider comes down to bookmark creation and management(which i do shitloads of).
    Safari is miles ahead.
    iMac C2Duo, MacBook Pro C2Duo, iPhone 3Gs
    Tradies : applecollector / thatfilthyspringbok / decryption / mwot / c3017474 / wowbagger / squozen / jarrodb / jaysee

Camino primary

Safari seconday

Firefox for hobby web development (toolbars etc) with verification from Safari and Opera. With no Windows box at home, I ignore IE6

Trades: Clockwork, applecollector, Amzy, Brains, chris, samuelclarke, mrldigitalmedia
    Link: http://www.lifeinplasticpants.com/2003/07/12/index.html

Safari most of the time (90%), I am yet to come across any problems with it, people keep saying they cant get into hotmail, animations don&#39;t work properly, wont play any movies, cant log into secure wites like banking and I seriously don&#39;t know WTF they&#39;re talking about.

I very rarely have any trouble with safari.

When I do, Firefox and Camino are my secondary browsers in equal parts.

I switch around a lot but now I mainly use Firefox because it&#39;s the only browser that works with Google Browser Sync. It&#39;s so handy when I need to later access a link on a windows comp that&#39;s stored in my Mac bookmarks. Camino is a bit slow for me compared to Firefox and the interface isn&#39;t as nice. I used to use Safari but Firefox is better for my use.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(gringo &#064; Jul 14 2006, 04&#58;20 PM) [snapback]194912[/snapback]</div>
    I find your &#39;as&#39; redundant.

I use Firefox on XP at work. Safari at home.
    [/b]
    Do as suits you, as I will do as suits me.

Mostly Safari... but move to Firefox for the odd site / occasion that I know Safari doesn&#39;t handle something well. This last week though - with Safari crashing (mostly in Appletalk) thinking of moving to something else more permanently.
    mulitple iOS devices - iPhone, iPad Air, and iPod nano
    Mac OS X
    - 13 MacBook Pro with Retina, Mac mini for media server, and a Mac Book Air here somewhere still too

I actually paid for Omniweb. Now it&#39;s at a stage (in beta, admittedly) that it&#39;s usable as my first browser.

I have every other browser as backup for testing or sites that wont work in Omniweb. I use Firefox specifically for some Japanese sites with the Rikaichan plugin that gives me the meaning of Japanese words on mouse-over.
    The discussion has continued at AppleTalk Australia.

As many of the previous posters I use a combination: Firefox (esp. for extensions and some key RSS feeds on the bookmark toolbar); Safari (mainly for forums), Camino (for browsing with no cookies); internet explorer for internet banking (and nothing else) and very occasionaly Netscape Navigator for those pesky sites that aren&#39;t fully functional in any other browser. Have tried Opera on several occasions, but never felt comfortable with the interface.
    15" PowerBook Ti 1Ghz & 15" Mac Book Pro 2.33 Core 2 Duo. 13” MacBook Air 2GHz i7

Camino for everything except for ANZ banking.

Edit: I find my &#39;for&#39; redundant.

Safari for everything. I have yet to come across a site that doesn&#39;t work in it.

I will periodically try different ones (just recently tried OmniWeb, again...) but always keep coming back to Safari,as the others always end up pissing me off :P

I do pretty basic browsing, don&#39;t faff about too much with bookmarks, so for me the top three things are 1) Browsing speed, 2) Startup speed, and 3) aesthetics.

I just tried a new one called "DeskBrowse" which looks gorgeous, if a little unconventional in the way it works (address barand buttons are at the bottom, and it&#39;s anchored to the side of your screen) http://www.deskbrowse.com/

I like trying new browsers, but eventually give up on them and go back to good old Safari

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast