Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

Join the discussions, Register Now!

Hi,

I was just wondering if anyone knows of a driver that is able to support both printing and scanning for the MP360 through OS X. Currently I am running Turboprint which allows me to print but not scan. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Usually osx supports everything natively but i would look at the canon site and see what they say on the matter. Are you using the latest version of osx 10.3.8 ?
    MBP5,2 17" ,16GB IPhone 4S.

Canon doesn&#39;t seem to have any Mac drivers >_<

http://www.canon.com.au/products/all_in_on...60_drivers.html

Strange since I&#39;ve allways understood that Canon support the Mac fairly well.

Oh crap. that makes 2 of us thats screwed, my MP390 doesn&#39;t have any MAc drivers either .... ARGH&#33;

Well, looks like I&#39;m gonna have to upgrade the the MP780 - that has Mac drivers. Atleast the MP series is awesome and I&#39;m with it&#33; just wish i could figure out that faxing bit.
    Nuclear is the new fire

Originally posted by g4cube@Mar 27 2005, 07:00 PM
    Usually osx supports everything natively but i would look at the canon site and see what they say on the matter. Are you using the latest version of osx 10.3.8 ?
    I have checked far and wide for a suitable driver that will run my scanner and I am currently using the latest versin of Mac OS X 10.3.8. I am really suprised that Canon does not support Mac or is it the other way around?

There used to be or still is an open source project that had scanner driver support for everything under the sun, if you can find it - I"m sure it was on Sourceforge. Otherwise, maybe Vuescan will work.
    The discussion has continued at AppleTalk Australia.

Have a look for a program called Vuescan. You can download it for a trial before you buy. It supports many scanners no longer supported by the manufacturers.

Vuescan is good - a few years ago i had trouble with it only with one scanner the rest where perfect&#33; there is a few others about - i found 4 or 5 on versiontracker over the weekend. May not all support your scanner thou. Good Luck&#33;

neil