Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

Join the discussions, Register Now!

Hi all
    well i've had no problems with my PB up until now. I installed a demo of Traktor DJ Studio version 2.6.1 (the latest) and it installed fine, starts up ok, but it asks for a database/music library, then it brings up a box asking where my music folder is, then once this is confirmed, it crashes. A message appears saying that the application has unexpectedly quit and that the system and other applications are fine.

can anyone suggest what is wrong and how i would fix this problem.

Thanks for any help.

Glen.

Oh yeah, just incase you need my specs:
    OS X 10.3.8
    512mb RAM
    17" G4 1.5 PB
    80 gb 4200rpm HDD.
    Not running anything else at the same time.
    ----------------------------------------
    A Dog's Breakfast

Yep... I think i know what the problem is.

You need to go into your user account library directory and trash (read: move to desktop for now) your tracktor preferences. Then load up tracktor and it should work. Not sure why this happens but when this does happen this is the solution.

lemme know how you go.

Dan

Hey Dan
    You were/are right and I got it working now. Is that a regular thing that you need to do? I'd hate to have that happen at a gig!!

Except its now telling me that the demo has expired when I just downloaded it yesterday, which is a bit wierd. The software itself looks great.

Glen
    A Dog's Breakfast

can someone help me out please, I have purchased the retail version of Traktor DJ Studio 2.6.1 and the above described problem has happened again. That is, after starting the package, and then pointing it to the music library where my iTunes library is, i get this error message stating that Traktor has unexpectedly quit. I've tried the suggestion that Dan had, but this time it doesn't work, the same problem keeps occuring. It's bizare because its not mentioned on google and I can't see it on the Native Instruments site, which in some ways is good because it means its not a wide spread problem, but what is it and how do I fix it?

Glen
    A Dog's Breakfast

Do you have any corrupt files in your library that traktor can't read?
    Or any files that its not able to read?

I've used it in the past and it used to hang for a bit because of the above.
    I have no successful trades

Hi guys,
    Well I figured out the problem and thought it was/is worth documenting here just in case someone ever wants to know.

I had been using my Music folder as the place to not only store my iTunes music librarry but other sound/audio stuff as well. So I recently edited an interview I'd done with a local Melbourne band for PBS and stored all the project files in there. When I told Traktor DJ to import the whole Music folder, it crashed, obviously now this is because it was trying to import the Audacity project files as well. When I pointed Traktor to the iTunes folder specifically, it all worked fine.

You'd think that this could be documented somewhere or the software could tell you that there were non-standard audio files that are unable to be imported rather than just crashing and quiting - but mayybe this could be something for a future release.

I DJed a wedding on Saturday night and all went extremely well.

Thanks The_OM, your post is what got me thinking along these lines.

Cheers,
    Glen
    A Dog's Breakfast