Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

Join the discussions, Register Now!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Photoshop Element v6 Due Tomorrow

Adobe - Adobe Photoshop Elements for Macintosh

Adobe Photoshop Elements v6 for Macintosh due tomorrow us24th.

Hopefully big improvements, after all this time.

Rodney
    I Love My Fuji X100S

My mums scrap booking magazine from US had video tutorial on it, it does look very nice, and good price. Now I will read the reviews, ty for links.
    Ipod Touch 8 gig 1.1.4 | Mini Pink 1 gig 1.4
    Macbook Pro 15" 4,1 250 gig drive 2 gig ram Glossy :)

Thanks for the links Rodney. I've seen a few reviews of the beta, and I wonder if anything is significantly different.

[edit - bah! judging from the publishing date, those aren't reviews of the released product either]

I was also going to ask whether anyone here at MTAU is using it yet, but that might be a bit premature.
    Live life with Blue Sun

I use IRIS 'cause it is Aussie (and I'm cheap!) Nolobe - Iris - The Ultimate Image Editor For Mac OS X
    Suffering another bout of Apple Anticipation Anxiety syndrome... but doesn't everyone?

Just a three figure post count punk.

Mac version probably won't be available in Australia until 2 weeks from now.
    troll
    n. A supernatural creature of Scandinavian folklore, variously portrayed as a friendly or mischievous dwarf or as a giant, that lives in caves, in the hills, or under bridges.

Given you can save 20 bucks by downloading from the US store rather than the Aussie one, does anyone forsee any problems? I doubt I will need to access phone support (and if I do, skype will no doubt be suitable to dial them toll free).
    half goon half god: The same should go for people shoving 'Mac' in their nick. Unless it's clever, NO.

Why is the full version of Photoshop CS3 464MB to download, and Elements is a whopping 1.2GB?

I decided not to be a cheapskate and purchased from the Aus store.
    half goon half god: The same should go for people shoving 'Mac' in their nick. Unless it's clever, NO.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by frenchtoast View Post
    Mac version probably won't be available in Australia until 2 weeks from now.
    My copy arrived today. Fast delivery, fast app. Nice.

Cheers

First Look review on Ars Technica. A mixed bag - the reviewer hates the look, complains about the integration (or lack thereof) with iPhoto, but loves the performance of the image editor, ending up saying "just go buy it".
    Live life with Blue Sun

I use IRIS 'cause it is Aussie (and I'm cheap!) Nolobe - Iris - The Ultimate Image Editor For Mac OS X
    Had a look at this.
    Is this the first app that's 10.5.1 only?

mct

 MacBook (Unibody) 13in, 2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB RAM, OS10.5.7 + PowerBook G4, 12in, 1.5GHz, 1.25GB RAM, OS10.4.11 + Bondi Blue iMac, 96MB RAM, OS9.2.2

Quote Originally Posted by Petronius View Post
    First Look review on Ars Technica. A mixed bag - the reviewer hates the look, complains about the integration (or lack thereof) with iPhoto, but loves the performance of the image editor, ending up saying "just go buy it".
    I think they say "buy it" if you have an intel mac. Not much reason to get for the old G5 users.

The change in the interface looks very unmac. What were they thinking?

The only real change to the underlying operations is the use of curves. That would be useful.

The photomerge stuff might be used once in a while.

I use this program every day for scanning bits and pieces and resizing photos.

I'm not sure the "features" are worth upgrading from PSE 4. I won't be racing out to get this version.

Quote Originally Posted by dappleone View Post
    My copy arrived today. Fast delivery, fast app. Nice.

Cheers
    What mac are you using it on and have you used it much, what do you think of it ?

Rodney
    I Love My Fuji X100S

Quote Originally Posted by Rodney9 View Post
    What mac are you using it on and have you used it much, what do you think of it ?

Rodney
    Hi Rodney

I have installed on the last of the iMac 17inch Intels, C2Duo 2Ghz. So far it seems good. I haven't done much more than edit a few pics from iPhoto so far. It is very quick to open and editing is speedy.

I read the Ars T. review mentioned in an earlier post. The points raised probably are valid. Still, I paid $86 (edu. pre order) for what seems to me a significant upgrade. I am happy with it.

Cheers

...So far it seems good. I haven't done much more than edit a few pics from iPhoto so far. It is very quick to open and editing is speedy.
    How would you rate the integration with iPhoto? Is it best to use iPhoto as the image library, and Elements as the editor? Or does Elements have its own catalogue?
    Live life with Blue Sun

I wait 18 months for PSE 6 and then I find out it will not work unless your mac has at least 64 MB VRAM, of course my mac has 32 MB VRAM.
    I Love My Fuji X100S

Quote Originally Posted by Petronius View Post
    How would you rate the integration with iPhoto? Is it best to use iPhoto as the image library, and Elements as the editor? Or does Elements have its own catalogue?
    I have chosen the former, that is, I will use iPhoto as the image library. Macworld have a read-worthy review if interested.
    Macworld | Photoshop Elements 6

Cheers

I have chosen the former, that is, I will use iPhoto as the image library. Macworld have a read-worthy review if interested.
    Macworld | Photoshop Elements 6

Cheers
    Thanks for posting the review link. It looks like Adobe Bridge is the image management tool in Elements.
    I've never been particularly happy using iPhoto, and I suppose that having just upgraded to OS X 10.5 (which has a new version of iPhoto) I should re-evaluate it. But the more I look at Elements, the more it looks right for me.
    Live life with Blue Sun

I signed into Adobe's site, went to the PSE 6 Mac version page, selected download trial, gave them all the info they ask,

BUT NO MAC DEMO

only bloody windows

So I can not even try it to see if it might run with my 32mb vram .
    I Love My Fuji X100S

Rodney9, the downloaded software when purchased does allow for a 30 day trial (choice to register or use trial), and I've read that it is coming.

Perhaps they are waiting for the initial demand for bought downloads to die down before making it available.

From an initial play with it on my 24" iMac, 2.4ghz, 2 gig ram I'm liking it. Will test it out properly over the weekend. I think I'll stick with iPhoto rather than set up Bridge.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast