Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

Join the discussions, Register Now!

Hi, Ive had an Canon iP5000 for a while and have had it connected to my windows computer, sharing to my faimly's other windows computers. Works 100%, Love the printer.

I can set it up on my mac if the printer is directly connected by USB. But you would think i could get it to print from my mac to the windows machine that is sharing it over the network? Nuh!!!

What is going on, Where is the driver file that comes with it that i can point the printer setup utility in the right direction to find it. The setup that is on the CD and you download from the net is no help at all, it is an auto config thing that is only for if it is directly connected (by USB).

Thanks.

Matt.

No one know what im on about? :P

have you tried opening "printer setup utility and click add printer (if it isnt already there) and then go through the options till you get it ? also have you checked if "windows sharing" is on in sharing prefrences?
    Just Chillin.

Yes its all enabled, I have a Epson Colour 400 setup which is shared on the same computer, it works because osx has the driver built in.

I just need a ghost script driver i think. Why cant osx retreive the driver from the windows machine like windows does?

Sorry not ghost script, dont ask where i got that from lol...

have you tried Gimp Print OSX ?