Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

Join the discussions, Register Now!
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12

Yeah Seon, there'd be bugger-all performance boost from that range of mbp's to the current ones.. sometimes it doesn't pay to JUST have the latest/greatest folks

first timer mac here and dont plan on getting latest and greatest save ur money ppl ill prob update in 3-5yrs but now im waiting for damn replacement

. . . .

Finally, at long last, my new MBP arrived this morning. I am resisting the temptation to unbox it at work, because I know if I do that, I won't get any work done for the rest of the day.

It feels like I'm a kid again, waking up early on Christmas day, but not being allowed to open my presents until the grown-ups are up too.
    Live life with Blue Sun

Petronius that took forever! Glad you finally have it in hand.. I know you will enjoy it!

with any luck i should see my 17" MBP tomorrow, i'm very impatient when it comes to waiting for new toys

weeee. perfect macbook pro replacement came in today. no bad lcd like last time

. . . .

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by jonnos_86 View Post
    weeee. perfect macbook pro replacement came in today. no bad lcd like last time
    weeeee.. just in time for you to enjoy it during the week ends, aye? good for you.
    by the way, if you happy with your screen and if it is glossy, you might want to consider applying a screen protector over it. I highly recommend EXiM. Do a search on ebay. you can get one for about $25.
    MBP 4.1 2.5 GHz, 4GB, 320GB Glossy Mac OS X (10.5.6), iPod Nano Black 8GB

Well finally done it after nearly 20 years of windows have made the switch to Mac.
    Ordered my first Mac, a white Macbook 2.4ghz with the iWork package from the Apple store yesterday, they were able to price match the 10% off that JB hi fi are doing at the moment.
    Many thanks to all the advice gained from Mactalk which convinced me to switch.
    Looking forward to learning new operating system and hopefully will be just as good as my Ipod Touch which was initially got me interested in Apple products.
    Now just to play the waiting game!
    Macbook Pro 2011;iPad2 32gb;ATV 2 x 3
    Mac Mini 2009; Macbook Air 2012: iPhone 5s 16gb

I bought my second mac a few weeks ago. My first is a Rev A iMac G5 that is still ticking along. My study has the iMac and my girlfriends oldish PC, which she stubbornly uses and keeps. That's been ok, because I run older games on it. I'd been planning on waiting for the next upgrade of the iMac to finally turf the G5 and PC. But after the new Penryn Macbooks came out...

I thought to myself... 'Gee, I really hate being in the study just to go on the net, or write, or whatever light computing.' Plus my girlfriend hates me disappearing for an hour or two. So I bit the bullet and bought the base model 2.1ghz MacBook.

Can't believe how much it's improved the way I do things. I run it on the highest battery saving settings and the thing hardly gets warm at all while I'm on the net, using iWork etc. That's been something that has kept me away from laptops in the past. The battery will (for what light work I do) last me 2 to 3 days with the Airport on. I think it's about 5 odd hours. The MacBook is perfect as my second Mac, leaving my iMac to do all the grunty processing of video etc. Although, my MacBook would be faster than the iMac, probably.

Totally rapt.

Welcome to the world of Mac Dakah3, I know your going to have a great time discovering all the beautiful things Macs do which PC users maintain they can't. Enjoy your new mac when it arrives and you are in the right place for anything you need to find out all the MacTalk people are very helpful. I ordered my mbp & iPod touch online in March and it was at my door in 3 days from China & I live in Cairns so I was extremely pleased as I expected at least 7 working days for it to get here after ordering.
    Peace Love & Blues.......there's no need to choose

Powerbook G5 anyone?

Only kidding... but by god IBM have cranked up the cycles on their newer CPU...

*** Disclaimer - this is not a suggestion that their will be a PowerBook G5 or G6 for that matter*** It's just a technology comment.
     iPhone & iPhone 3GS, Macbook Pro 17" C2D 2.8ghz. iMac alu. 20" C2D 2ghz. iMac 20" CD 2ghz & Cube 450mhz. Website

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12