Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

Join the discussions, Register Now!

Has anyone moved a MYOB FirstAccounts 3.5.2 document on a Mac to a PC with the EXACT SAME version of MYOB? I put the file onto the PC, rename it with a .dat extension as it wants (dumb PCs...), and when i go to open it it tells me that the document is not comaptible with version 3.5, and that it was created with version 768.something, and to run the document converter to convert it to version 3.5 EVEN THOUGH it was created with version 3.5 on the iMac! So then i go to the update assistant, and it tells me that the file i have selected is customized for the country "???", and that the program only takes files that are customised for Australia, EVEN THOUGH IT WAS CREATED WITH AN AUSTRALIAN VERSION OF MYOB, EXACTLY THE SAME VERSION!!!!! So the file won't open on the PC, for pretty much no reason. Has anyone done this, and do you know how i can open the file on the PC successfully? Thanks in advance! Please help because if i can do this successfully Dad will no longer have any need for my iMac, and i won't have to worry about him taking it off me anymore!!!
    Good. Fast. Cheap. Pick two...

Problem solved.

What'd you do?
    Read my drivel, be dazzled by my Twitter

Are you some kind of devil trying to keep me from using my time usefully? - Currawong
    "You're an enigma wrapped in a ferreo roche" - fulltimecasual

Yeah! What did you do?

Steve
    WTF is Harmonytech? | The iBook Saga. | Successful Trades: Currawong, Byrd, xedos, Decryption, Greenie, Mivory
    sudo chmod 327 /etc/car/subaru

Downloaded an Exchange utility mentioned in the manual (i'd give you the link but you need to be a registered user of myob to access that part of the site). Note to self: Next time, RTFM!!!!!!!!!& #33;!