Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

Join the discussions, Register Now!

Default Permanently deleting an email address

Does anyone know how to delete an email from mac mail/address book. A few people have changed their emails and ive gone into address book and deleted the old one and added the new but then when i type their name when composing a new email the old one still comes up and is usually the default first. Very annoying

Cheers
    Join the MacTalk Nike+ running group! Click Here

I don't know if this is the correct way but I do the following seems a long way to do it but she works for me.

Address book in the dock
    pick address to delete
    Edit / Delete Card

that is straight out of the address book.. I think he is referring to the autofilling saved addresses (otherwise called previous recipients) in mail....

Thanks for the reply but that is what i do. Its after that when your typing the recipients name that old email address still appears

In Mail, got to the Window menu. Click on 'previous recipients' which will give you a list of everyone you have ever sent an email to. Delete the ones you want and hey presto! All fixed!

D.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuma View Post
    that is straight out of the address book.. I think he is referring to the autofilling saved addresses in mail....
    Yep (10chars)

Quote Originally Posted by dminieri View Post
    In Mail, got to the Window menu. Click on 'previous recipients' which will give you a list of everyone you have ever sent an email to. Delete the ones you want and hey presto! All fixed!

D.
    Well done.. Thanking you!

for completeness it can also be done right on the offending address...

Default Print screen

Hi can you please explain how to do a screen capture and dump (as above post)

command + shift +3

You can also use Grab, which is in your Apps Folder to do screen capture, timed screen and selected screen capture.
    "I want to lie, Shipwrecked and comotose, drinking fresh Mango Juice'.

www.barcoasters.com.au

Quote Originally Posted by ba2991 View Post
    +SHIFT+3 = Screenshot the whole screen

+SHIFT+4 = Screenshot part of the screen (you get a special pointer that lets you select)

If you have done the +SHIFT+4 command then if you press the spacebar before you click the mouse it turns into a camera and you can select which window you want to screenshot,

All the screenshots come on as image files on your desktop, and then you can upload them to somewhere like imageshack.us or attach them to your post.

Cheers,

Jeffrey

or you can make your life simple and get skitch.
    Kuma's Tales now on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by ba2991 View Post
    The best screen capture utility is SnapnDrag, and free too. But the paid for version will allow you to put an icon in the menu bar for even more ease of use.