Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

Join the discussions, Register Now!

Default iPod touch stalling problem...

Hi,

Just wanted to put the feelers out for anyone who is having the same problem with their iPod touch as I am.

When I power on, the home screen comes up, as normal, but when I start tapping buttons on the screen, it takes aaaaaggggeeeessss for anything to react. The iPod comes good after a couple of minutes, but this is obviously an unacceptable amount of time to wait to be able to use the iPod.

Anyone else?
    MacBook Unibody 13" | iPhone 5 32Gb | iPad 3 16GB | iPod Nano 6G | Airport Extreme | ATV2 Successful Trades: TomMelbourne | Mart | ajbeardy | Barticus | countmacula | mikinoz | Exocet | oddturtle | gmask1 | jeremywarnock | carlow1 | musky

I've had it happen a few times too, 1.1.3 jailbroken. I'm not sure what causes it. I'm suspecting wireless, not not sure. Sometimes it freezes on the slide to unlock, sometimes at the home screen. Is yours jailbroken? I was on 1.1.1 jailbroken for quite a while and didn't have it happen.
    iBook - [PPC G3 600 | 384MB RAM | 40GB HDD | OS X 10.4.11]
    iPod - [3rd Generation | 20GB | FW 2.3] + [Touch | 8GB | FW 2.1]
    iNetwork - [Airport Extreme 802.11n | Airport Express 802.11g | WDS]

Yeah man, mine is 1.1.3 jailbroken - it only started doing it a couple of weeks ago and I jailbroke it at least 6 weeks ago.
    MacBook Unibody 13" | iPhone 5 32Gb | iPad 3 16GB | iPod Nano 6G | Airport Extreme | ATV2 Successful Trades: TomMelbourne | Mart | ajbeardy | Barticus | countmacula | mikinoz | Exocet | oddturtle | gmask1 | jeremywarnock | carlow1 | musky

Mine is not jailbroken and it did this a lot when I first got it. Powering it off completely - hold off button and use the red slider seems to fix it.

Yeah, I have tried doing that and it doesn't make any difference unfortunately.

Sometimes mine takes a little longer than it should to enter the music menu but nothing out of the ordinary has happened. Not to my knowledge, anyway.