Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

Join the discussions, Register Now!
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10

The only 1.8" drives that fit in the Air max out at 80GB HDD (not SSD). The ones used in the iPod Classic are too fat/thick for the Air, which is why you can't do it. Otherwise Apple would have put them in? (or at least an option/BTO).

EDIT

What [MREVO8] said.

This is really strange. I just got an email saying that my MBA has just shipped, however the tracking number given says the package was delivered to Salisbury, UK on the 13th of December. :S

Anyone experience this before?
    MacBook Pro Core i5 2.4Ghz| iPad 32GB | MacBook Air 1.8/80 |PowerBook G4 12" | iMac Core 2 Duo 20" | iPod Mini 4GB | iPhone 8GB (1.1.3)

Has anyone noticed very poor wireless speeds with their Air.

I am trying to copy my iPhoto library over 802.11n... it will sometimes go up to 2.5mbps at the beginning, then drop down to 34kbps.

I have noticed this happen several times, seemingly randomly... it may have been the reason for my super slow Remote OS X install the other day too.
    Mac Pro 2.66GHz, 8800GT, 8GB RAM / MacBook Air 1.8GHz, SSD / iPhone 3G 16GB / iPod nano 8GB / tv 40GB

Do you have any 802.11b or g devices on the network that might be forcing it to slow down?

Quote Originally Posted by OziMac View Post
    Do you have any 802.11b or g devices on the network that might be forcing it to slow down?
    I've turned them all off, so that my Air is the only wireless client... I've also forced my AEBS to 802.11n only.

I managed to get 800mb transferred at around 3.5mbps average... when I came back, it had slowed down to 35kbps again.
    Mac Pro 2.66GHz, 8800GT, 8GB RAM / MacBook Air 1.8GHz, SSD / iPhone 3G 16GB / iPod nano 8GB / tv 40GB

you aren't using an external monitor are you? I read about an issue with wifi and external monitors somewhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by coljac View Post
    you aren't using an external monitor are you? I read about an issue with wifi and external monitors somewhere else.
    Nope, just the machine by itself.

I tried copying the files again and held the laptop near the AEBS... transferred at 11mbps for a few minutes... then *bang* 34kbps.

Quote Originally Posted by anarchron View Post
    This is really strange. I just got an email saying that my MBA has just shipped, however the tracking number given says the package was delivered to Salisbury, UK on the 13th of December. :S

Anyone experience this before?
    TNT (I assume so) recycle their tracking numbers. Nothing to worry about.

Default Anyone still waiting for their MBA

I think I made a mistake ordering through a reseller....as I ordered the day after the Macworld announcement and I am still waiting.

Delivery date has now been pushed out to the 4th of March. Anyone else having the same problem? Its a 1.8 SSD and so if anyone knows where there is one in stock please let me know!

Welcome to MacTalk charles. MacBook Air shipping is something we've discussed a fair bit, so I merged your topic into this thread. In the future, you can check to see if your query relates to an already existing discussion by using the Forum Search in the side bar.

As far I can tell from the statements in this thread, you can actually get a relatively decent turnaround from Apple at the moment for most MacBook Airs (including customised ones including SSDs).

In general, for brand new products Apple tend greatly to favour orders placed through them while resellers get a trickle of stock for the first few months. Even now, stock of regular non-customised MacBook Airs at resellers is hard to come by. Hopefully since you ordered so early on, your MacBook Air should arrive soon, despite the push in shipping date, but unfortunately you are a little at the mercy of how Apple chooses to treat your reseller.

Good luck though - let us know any further developments and when it does finally arrive!

I had the joy of playing with one of these recently, and damn these are an awesome concept machine.

I think rev b. Will be the time to jump in if you haven't already, with 128Gb SSD's.

My Macbook Pro seems practically fat now!
    I am the tech savvy at-risk youth.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10