Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

Join the discussions, Register Now!

Intereting hardware mod for the brave:

http://www.techseekers.net/modules.php?nam...owcontent&id=72

although without a handy EEPROM programmer lying around it can get dangerous. Still, something I'm busting to try with some older gear (once I get an AGP mac at my disposal).
    "Saying your operating system is the best because more people use it is like saying MacDonalds make the best food"

Oh man.. looks like if you want a Radeon 9800 in your Mac, you need to purcahse an expensive upgrade card from Apple

Most official apple upgrades are expensive for the same parts PC users get cheap. such is the nature of the closed market.

If I end up trying the same it will definitely be with old disposable hardware. As mentioned, if I can get my hands on an old Blue and White with an ATI Rage or whatnot on board, I'll give it a go at upgrading to a GeForce2MX or similar.

Financially speaking. my upgrade plans are leaning towards the "slim to none" end of the scale, however.
    "Saying your operating system is the best because more people use it is like saying MacDonalds make the best food"

I am looking at replace my POS ati rage card in my g4 with another graphics card and it looks like a PC card with an upgraded firmware is the way to go, price wise. I NEED some quartz extreme lovin.