Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

» Join the discussions, Register Now!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Does the iMac and Safari in particular support flash video from websites, in particular those mini games that kids can play?

I'm a little confused with all the hoohaa about the iPhone and upcoming iPad not having Adobe Flash and Air support. Is this limited to the iPhone OS only?

Quote Originally Posted by idiesel View Post
    Does the iMac and Safari in particular support flash video from websites, in particular those mini games that kids can play?

I'm a little confused with all the hoohaa about the iPhone and upcoming iPad not having Adobe Flash and Air support. Is this limited to the iPhone OS only?
    Yeah that's only limited to the iPhone OS.

Macs have Flash pre-installed and updates are done through Apple's software updater. It works just fine in Safari, Firefox, Chrome, Opera, etc out of the box.

People complain about Flash running slowly but I don't really notice any problems. There's an app called ClickToFlash that disables Flash elements of websites until you click them which might help performance for general browsing when you're not actually using Flash at the time.

Thanks mate.

That clears it up for me

Another quick question....

Is there a keyboard shortcut that is similar to using the "Home" and "End" commands on a PC keyboard?

I have checked Apple online - Mac OS X keyboard shortcuts and iPirate's List of Keyboard Shortcuts but no luck there.
    Cheers
    Mick

Default Re: •••••• Switchers FAQ ••••••

Yep. Command + left arrow for home and command + right arrow for end.

Some more tips:
    Option + left/right arrow will move your cursor by one word. Fn + left/right arrow takes you to the top/bottom of your current window.

And if you're using Office for Mac you can ignore these shortcuts because MS don't implement them properly.

just wanting to say thanks for the effort putting this thread together, saved some headaches for a newbie

Quote Originally Posted by mkerr View Post
    just wanting to say thanks for the effort putting this thread together, saved some headaches for a newbie
    you are welcome. Welcome to the forums - enjoy them.
    iMac 27" 3.2Gb with 32Gb RAM, 2Tb Time Capsule & Airport Express,
    iPod 5.5 30g, iPhone 4, iPad 2, iPad Mini
    Bruji the best cataloguing programs for Mac OS & iOS

Vzzzbx's Avatar Vzzzbx is offline There is a god and his name is NOT Bob Ellis

Yep. I bought my first Mac last night (base i5 15" MBP, hurrah) and found this thread indispensable. Thank you so much.

Leopard - Aussie English:

In International System Preference, choose edit menu, and tick Australian English.

Then save, and choose it from the main list.
    MacTalk - the bianca's of geekdom
    thecosmichobo - as seen on YouTube - "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!" and lots more!

Ok, all the broken links should now be fixed. Please PM me if you find any or have any suggestions about stuff to add.

I also fixed the Leopard/Vista file sharing thread. I need to do one for Win 7 sometime too.
    The discussion has continued at AppleTalk Australia.

VANESSA ARNOLD is a Southern California native born in the Los Angeles area. At the age of 12, her parents moved the family to their home country of Belize. Although her parents had struggled to live the American dream, their ultimate goal was to own a business and home in Belize. Her father opened his auto mechanic shop while her mother managed its operations, and they eventually designed and built their dream house.

SYNCIS – Strengthening Families With Trust and Understanding

Growing up, Vanessa was always stressed the importance of an education and college degree. By the age of 18, she had graduated from junior college with an Associate Degree in Biology. Her plan was to move back to California and continue her studies at university. However, like many young students, she found herself with a big dream and the harsh reality of how much an American university education really costs. Her parents had always encouraged her studies but had no financial planning in place to support her. With her family still living in Belize, she made a pivotal decision to join the U.S. Air Force.

Team Elite

Vanessa served active duty for 4 years in Arizona as a medical administrative assistant. She honorably discharged from the military at the end of her term and immediately entered the civilian workforce. Her career as an executive administrative assistant has spanned the last 20 years in the medical, legal, computer engineering, and real estate industries. Most recently, she spent the last 10 years working directly for the CEO of Southern California’s largest commercial real estate company.

https://www.facebook.com/SyncisSFV/?fref=ts

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3