Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

» Join the discussions, Register Now!
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Beau View Post
    haha, good point there Meh 626!

There's an australia day party over in new zealand just down the road from me!

woo.
    Wow, Have they moved Streaky Bay, South Australia to New Zealand? Amazing

Quote Originally Posted by mab View Post
    Wow, Have they moved Streaky Bay, South Australia to New Zealand? Amazing
    yes, it appears so!

Nah, I'm on holidays over here mate =]
    MacBook Unibody 2.4GHz // iPhone 4 32GB (Telstra) // iPad 2 64GB Wifi+3G
    twitter | lifestream | last.fm

Quote Originally Posted by Goodbye View Post
    Smaller image please!!!!! HATE side scrolling.
    ok here is a smaller one for you

it was bigger, but all this non patriotic crap fest of crap talk on here got me mad, so I put up a massive picture.

Be proud, celebrate today, and not turn it into a political crap fest.

This is OUR COUNTRY, OUR LAND, and OUR LIFESTYLE, and we will allow you every opportunity to enjoy all this. But once you are done complaining, whining, and griping about Our Flag, Our Pledge, Our Christian beliefs, or Our Way of Life, I highly encourage you take advantage of one other great Australian freedom, ‘THE RIGHT TO LEAVE’.
    If you aren’t happy here then LEAVE. We didn’t force you to come here. You asked to be here. So accept the country YOU chose.’ Maybe if we circulate this amongst ourselves and send it to our leaders, the free world will find the backbone to start speaking and voicing the same t
    ruths.

John Howard 2007!
    visit my blog.......
    Follow my twitter at http://twitter.com/normandy_sr2
    Follow my PING @ Normandy SR2

Love that new Sam ad

Do we dare disturb the universe?

THIS THREAD IS ABOUT HAPPY AUSTRALIA DAY... NOT SOAP BOX FOR YOUR LITTLE GRIPES... IF YOU HAVE THEM, THEN GO MAKE YOUR OWN THREAD!

The amount of people who hi jack threads in here for their own agendas.

THIS THREAD SHOULD EITHER BE LOCKED DOWN TO WISHES OF HAPPY AUSTRALIA DAY, before it gets totally out of hand... and things go way off topic!
    visit my blog.......
    Follow my twitter at http://twitter.com/normandy_sr2
    Follow my PING @ Normandy SR2

Whoa, calmn down dudes. It's just text on a screen. Walk away from the computer.

I've lived in australia my entire life and I've always hated it. Now that I'm old enough I've been applying for the green card lottery for the last three years and trying to get a job in US company. You didn't force me to come here but I didn't choose to either and I have been wanting to leave for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by oddturtle View Post
    I've lived in australia my entire life and I've always hated it. Now that I'm old enough I've been applying for the green card lottery for the last three years and trying to get a job in US company. You didn't force me to come here but I didn't choose to either and I have been wanting to leave for a long time.
    What has that got to do with this thread?

yeah i was wondering that too.. :|

But it certainly explains a lot of things i was wondering about .. re oddturtle

i have this to say to oddturtle .. if you need to talk .. use my PM or that of another you would rather trust. or .. get help elsewhere.
    why are you reading this?

OMG I though my stuff was flametacular
    Sick of Bullshit? Go here
    www.youngausskeptics.com

iBook 14'' 1GB Ram, MBP(santa) 15" 4GB ram, iPod Nano(3G) 4gb, iPod shuffle 512mb, iPod Touch 8gb.

^ yours is..

the point is that we live in Australia or at least are visiting.. So we should be able to take any jibes on the chin so to speak because that is what we have to do down at the local waterhole or anywhere else we care to mention.

This is Australia, you're standing in it.

my post was in reply to Normandy's 'leave if you don't like it' post.

thanks oddturtle

Just been for a walk on the beach and a coffee in Cavill.

people are enjoying themselves and getting into the spirit. Flags everywhere!

it's a spectacular day people, get away from the computer for an hour or two, go outside and play!

It's "AUSTRALIA DAY"
    "I want to lie, Shipwrecked and comotose, drinking fresh Mango Juice'.

www.barcoasters.com.au

Quote Originally Posted by NORMANDY View Post

Be proud, celebrate today, and not turn it into a political crap fest.
    I endorse those sentiments but you used that to lead into this:
    Quote Originally Posted by NORMANDY View Post
    This is OUR COUNTRY, OUR LAND, and OUR LIFESTYLE, and we will allow you every opportunity to enjoy all this. But once you are done complaining, whining, and griping about Our Flag, Our Pledge, Our Christian beliefs, or Our Way of Life, I highly encourage you take advantage of one other great Australian freedom, ‘THE RIGHT TO LEAVE’.
    If you aren’t happy here then LEAVE. We didn’t force you to come here. You asked to be here. So accept the country YOU chose.’ Maybe if we circulate this amongst ourselves and send it to our leaders, the free world will find the backbone to start speaking and voicing the same t
    ruths.

John Howard 2007!
    Not exactly an apolitical statement is it? (Was that really JH or was it Pauline Hanson ghostwriting?)

[QUOTE=NORMANDY;434635]ok here is a smaller one for you

it was bigger, but all this non patriotic crap fest of crap talk on here got me mad, so I put up a massive picture.

....., and not turn it into a political crap fest.

too late, comments like those you attributed to little johhny coward already did that to this day many years ago.

but your slightly disturbing photo of the military types draped in the australian flag did remind me of another thing we should aspire to in association with a day of celebration for becoming a truly independent country when we are finally a republic, A NEW FLAG!

it is well and truly time to get rid of that ugly bit of cloth with its british flag in the corner, lets have a national competition to find a new one.

sigh we already did that.

and we still have the same flag

I've noticed you are determined to be unhappy and I firmly believe that the idea of "everything would be wonderful if I wasn't here" is bordering on delusional.

Also, If you need a tip on 'winning' the greencard lottery, try this: be a high achieving tertiary graduate with a skill the US needs and you will magically 'win' your greencard. There is no real trick to it.

Good for you, I like to see young people with a direction & purpose. Sorry about the crappy life.

Normandy, yes the liberal party lost the election... move on FFS.
    Suffering another bout of Apple Anticipation Anxiety syndrome... but doesn't everyone?

Just a three figure post count punk.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast