Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

Join the discussions, Register Now!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Spankin' New MBP =D

I don't mind if this thread gets trolled, moved or deleted, but i'm just too excited not to say I just ordered my first new mac!

A lovely MacBook Pro 15" configured with the 2.6ghz c2d, 2gb ram, 256mb 8600m, 200gb 7200rpm hdd.

I'm psyched!

200gig 7200rpm... are you sure its 7200rpm and not 5200?

There is an option for a 200GB 7200rpm for $290 extra... check the apple store.

Sweet. Nice machine.
    Grrrr, Arrrrghhh!!!
    http://www.dpreview.com/galleries/8259491826/photos
    My Photo Gallery

Ah of course... I complete forgot. Very nice. I've been eyeing one off for quite some time now but just holding off a little bit longer. I could understand you being very excited getting a new machine... one of my friends purchased a macbook today and she was bouncing around like a teenager at a hanson concert... you don't get that kind of response from a HP or Dell laptop, do you?

Very nice, you won't ever regret it.

I've had mine for almost a year and still love to use it as much as that first day.

People look at me weird feeling it up on the train :/

Quote Originally Posted by Jazza_12345 View Post
    one of my friends purchased a macbook today and she was bouncing around like a teenager at a hanson concert... you don't get that kind of response from a HP or Dell laptop, do you?
    So very very true.. Or you don't see photographed evidence of unpacking the boxes of dells etc. on the web.

Just curious, will this be your first Mac or Apple experience ever?
    Brings back the days when the I whipped out my new PowerBook G4 Aluminium. There was and is nothing on the market quite like that laptop (except maybe the MacBook Pro!)
    2005 15" PowerBook G4 1.67Ghz (1st Mac purchased on the day iTunes AU opened!); 2014 15" Retina MacBook Pro (16GB RAM; Nvidia 750M); iPad 3rd Gen 64GB w/ cellular

Congrats mate!

I bought an iMac 24" yesterday over the 15" MBP - but I have a similar emotion to you right now, stoked!

Hehe, it's not my first mac, i've owned a G4 iBook for quite some time, but it just feels like the right time to step up in the Mac world! I'd been waiting for Macworld to see if there were going to be any changes to the MBP line. But since there wern't I felt i'd waited long enough, and ordered my new beastie =P
    15" MacBook Pro - 2.6ghz, 2gb, 200gb 7200rpm, 8600m 256mb

Nevermind... I'm iTarded.
    Mac Pro 2.66GHz, 8800GT, 8GB RAM / MacBook Air 1.8GHz, SSD / iPhone 3G 16GB / iPod nano 8GB / tv 40GB

im happy for you mate...
    sigh, im still waiting for the penryn-based macbook pro...
    or should i?...
    i got my money, but don't know when to spend...
    sigh.... sigh... sigh..
    Macbook Pro 2.4Ghz | Leopard 10.5.4 | Airport Express | Apple Magic Mouse | 3G iPhone 16GB Black

Congratulations mate!
    Nothing wrong with out and proud about new Macs!!!!!
    mulitple iOS devices - iPhone, iPad Air, and iPod nano
    Mac OS X
    - 13 MacBook Pro with Retina, Mac mini for media server, and a Mac Book Air here somewhere still too

Quote Originally Posted by kevin7 View Post
    im happy for you mate...
    sigh, im still waiting for the penryn-based macbook pro...
    or should i?...
    i got my money, but don't know when to spend...
    sigh.... sigh... sigh..
    Monday morning sound like an option. Just do it. There is always going to be an upgrade a week/month/year, after you purchase. nature of the beast.

Congrats on the new purchase Reznorism.
    "I want to lie, Shipwrecked and comotose, drinking fresh Mango Juice'.

www.barcoasters.com.au

The general rule i always go by and reccomend to others is,

if you need it now, just buy it as an upgrade is inevitable and as long as the current machine does what you need, you will be happy.

On the other hand. If you can wait to a product upgrade, why not. Might as well try and get the latest and greatest, that's just human nature.

btw, congrats on your purchase. They're great little machines which really beat almost every other laptop on the market in my opinion.
    Check out this app and maybe use it to book a restaurant or order some munch. Owned by an Aussie :) App Store link

Thanks for the replies so far guys =)

Just out of interest what was the delivery estimate you were given? or do you already have your new machine?

Quote Originally Posted by Nathanh View Post
    The general rule i always go by and reccomend to others is,

if you need it now, just buy it as an upgrade is inevitable and as long as the current machine does what you need, you will be happy.

On the other hand. If you can wait to a product upgrade, why not. Might as well try and get the latest and greatest, that's just human nature.
    Ditto.

And further to that, I'll add my own little "general rule" for upgrading - once you have your machine... use it until it falls apart (or has been in for so many repairs haha) ... until you are no longer productive on it/too slow, etc.

I also tend to update my Macs (with new machines) everytime a new OS rolls around... or at least, with each new machine, I get the newer OS restore discs so for example:

1st Mac: PowerBook, Panther
    2nd Mac: MacBook, Tiger
    3rd Mac: iMac, Leopard

That's how I do it

Just out of interest what was the delivery estimate you were given? or do you already have your new machine?
    I was given an estimate of approx. two weeks.

Congrats on the Rolls Royce of Apple Laptops...
     iMac 27" i7  iPhone 5 64GB.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast