Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

Join the discussions, Register Now!
Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Macbook Air

Default Macbook Air

Ok so who is getting one? I sure as f..... am!! Sweet!

BTW.. its up now... http://www.apple.com/macbookair/

god you guys a quick.

oh hello prettiness!
    MacBook Pro | 2.26 GHz, 4 GB RAM, 500 GB HD

It is pretty...really pretty...and I can't wait to see one in person, but I don't need one and I'm not gonna get one it feels weird saying that.

Instead, I'm gonna update my touch and AppleTV and hope that TimeCapsule functionality will eventually come to the existing AE...

no remote included?
    its an option on the site to add it.
    sorry if its been reposted

Its not really what I need. Other than it's size factor it really adds nothing

Anyone know if it has a different processor from the macbook. Because really it is just a thin macbook with less processing power.

Yup, Intel cut the size of the Core2Duo for Apple. There's a comparison pic on TUAW i think.

Wow! I want one! So thin and light makes my current macbook seem fat and heavy. Though I can't really justify it buying it. Would be good for traveling, writing and photo editing on the go.

Any ideas on the graphics card? Is it the Intel integrated chip, same as current macbook?
    80GB iPod Classic : iMac 27" i7 2.8GHz: iPhone 4 : 64GB 3G iPad
    MacBook Air 13.3inch/2.13GHz/4GB/256GB SSD : OSX Snow Leopard
    Film/TV - http://www.quickchatproductions.com

Really disappointed by the price. Current currency conversion of $1799 USD = $2,022.19 AUD (source XE.com) that's a lot more to pay for living in Australia (we're even closer to the factory!) Otherwise, what an INCREDIBLE laptop. Gorgeous and sooo thin. Despite the price (and the revision A history at Apple) I'm so very tempted. Kinda sad the MBP still looks the same after all this time, it's been carrying the Powerbook look for how long now?

nicwithsticks Guest

Yeah it's the same GPU as the MacBook

BlowMeDown Guest

It's nice, but becomes less portable without an optical drive built in

looks like a thin super model ( bolemic. )
    Nice to look at,great to be seen with hanging off your arm, fun to play with but fruging useless unless you just want to f*ck around with it.
    Something with a little more junk in the trunk for me: looks like im buying a macbook

Quote Originally Posted by cjt1986 View Post
    Really disappointed by the price. Current currency conversion of $1799 USD = $2,022.19 AUD (source XE.com) that's a lot more to pay for living in Australia (we're even closer to the factory!) Otherwise, what an INCREDIBLE laptop. Gorgeous and sooo thin. Despite the price (and the revision A history at Apple) I'm so very tempted. Kinda sad the MBP still looks the same after all this time, it's been carrying the Powerbook look for how long now?
    2022.19 + GST =$2224.00 still short of the $2499.00! Why do we continue to put up with this situation.
    PB G4 1.5Ghz : iMac Intel Core Duo
    Successful Trades: Forgie,kristian

I would like one, but I dont have enough $$... just cos I have to pay for the iPt upgrade....
    lol jks... seriously, I want one
    adamd
    iMac, MacBook Pro, MacBook, iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, iPod nano, iPod Touch, iPod mini, G3+G4 iMac, G4 PowerMac

I wish they had put the 160GB option and a 32GB SSD option.
    iPhone 4 | iPad | MBA | iMac 27"
    EyeTV/IceTV | SecuritySpy User

I wonder if the superdrive will be available separately? It would match my (combodrive) Mini perfectly.

AU price is way too much.

They need to update the Macbook Pro mouse tech to match this beast *very soon* (can't have a 'middle range' laptop exceed the specs of the top of the range model). I wonder if the Macbook will get this too. Important because I need a new 'low end' laptop and will likely go the MB or the MBAir. If I go the MB and it gets updated soon after, I'll be pissed.

So, the Air supposedly has Santa Rosa tech (including graphics?). I wonder if they'll come up with a Santa Rosa Mini in the (foreseeable) future? My Mini is awesome, but way too sluggish in the graphics dept.
    The DC3 : "I was the guy in TISM". And an album (soon to be two). Out now. http://thedc3.com.au/

The most these things could handle is email, web and word processing right?

Dunno if I should get a Macbook Air, or a Macbook...

$1400 for the SSD! Not going to be seeing an affordable 64GB flash based iPod for a little while methinks
    iMac Core 2 Duo 24" 3.06GHz, 4GB, 500GB // MacBook Air 11.6" 1.4GHz, 2GB, 60GB // iPad 16GB WiFi //iMac G4 1GHz, 1.25GB, 80GB // Olympus E-P2 // iPhone 3GS 32GB Black // 6G iPod Nano 16GB Red // Apple TV 2

SSD pricing seems a little OTT, but these things will quickly go down in price over the next 18 months. Whether Apple passes on the savings in a timely manner is another thing entirely.

Looked closely at the store and specs. Unless you really *need* an ultraportable, the Macbook is much, much better VFM. If you have the cash (or if I did, haha) the MBPro is a much better machine in just about every respect.

Not that I'd knock back an Air if offered
    The DC3 : "I was the guy in TISM". And an album (soon to be two). Out now. http://thedc3.com.au/

Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast