Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

Join the discussions, Register Now!

Question Blogging Tools- ofline writer

I have just switched and I am used to composing my blogs offline using LIVE WRITER- windows.
    Does anyone know of a good Mac Program. I have trie ecto, and mars edit but they are not as intuitive as Live Writer- I know I can put windows on- at this point simplifying my life- one reason for the change

thanks in advance
    Suzie

Ecto is what I use.
    On the whole, I'd rather be in Philadelphia ...

I have tried mars edit, seems to lack lots of features I am used to in Live writer, will look at ecto

Thanks
    Suzie

Hi

I know I am bringing up a dead thread, but given my question is pretty much the same, i.e., Windows Vista user migrating over to MacBook Pro who currently uses Windows Live Writer to blog to WordPress looking for a good a Mac platform equivalent to Windows Live Writer I thought it best to keep to this thread.

So does anyone have any suggestions for a suitable replacement or should I just run Live Writer in VMware Fusion?

Thanks
    Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by Aushiker View Post
    Hi

I know I am bringing up a dead thread, but given my question is pretty much the same, i.e., Windows Vista user migrating over to MacBook Pro who currently uses Windows Live Writer to blog to WordPress looking for a good a Mac platform equivalent to Windows Live Writer I thought it best to keep to this thread.

So does anyone have any suggestions for a suitable replacement or should I just run Live Writer in VMware Fusion?

Thanks
    Andrew
    Heh.

I'm actually questioning why you posted in this thread in the first place - considering the answers are already here.

In any case, I've got Ecto, and back in the days when it got used, it was fantastic. I still use it on the occasion I don't have internet acccess, but apart from that...

I haven't tried MarsEdit personally, but by all reviews and comparisons between the two, I've heard it is the superior product, but not by a lot.

Ultimately, you will decide. There are trial versions of both for a reason, you know