Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

Join the discussions, Register Now!

Hey,

I was sitting here with my iBook and my sisters shitty little untrained dog came storming in and jumped on my iBook.

Now, after several restarts, my keyboard is unresponsive and pressing some keys activates shortcuts etc.

Also, when I click any icon on the dock, it opens finder and shows where the program resides on the hard disc.

NOT happy.

Anyone got any advice?

sounds like you have a stuck key !!
    sounds like the apple key

Not good.

Not sure what do m8. Maybe talk to a Apple ServiceCentre.

Best of luck!
    Victorian Certificate of Education in progress. Desired ENTER: 95+. Desired Course: Bachelor of Commerce, The University of Melbourne

Owns 15" Powerbook 1.5Ghz, 1GB DDRRAM

Sounds like your key(s) are stuffed. Because when you hold down the key and click an icon in the dock, it reveals it in finder. I would make sure both the keys are not stuck in the pushed down position.
    1.0Ghz 15" TiBook, MBP 13" 2.4/4/256, MBA 13" 2013 1.7/8/128 SSD, 1st Gen 5GB iPod (mint condition), 2nd Gen 10GB iPod, iPod video, nano and shuffle, iPhone 3GS 32GB, iPhone 5 32GB

fyi, the ibook keyboard keys are easily removable. so gently pull the key off, and see if it's stuck. then put it back on. be gentle, and trust me, it won't break if u do it as such.
    "Don't these talking monkeys know that Eden has enough to go around?" - Maynard