Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

Join the discussions, Register Now!

Default Visual Hub + dvd with subtitles

Hi there,

i'm wanting to convert my fearless Audio_TS and Video_TS files to an ipod touch format. This works fine for getting the picture over and in Chinese language as it is meant to be, however i cant work out how to get the subtitles to come along too. Anyone know?

Also, i have the godfather in the same format. Basically what i want is the english audio track with the subtitles only when they start speaking in italian. Any ideas?

Thanks.

I'm hitting the same wall. The only way i can find to do it (so far) is to rip the movie to a mov, quickly run thru the movie to find other language bits, edit the srt to include only the other language dialog, then using the perian codec pack to jam it into the mov and export out to mp4.

There has to be a better way.

*bump

any other easier ways?
    Check out this app and maybe use it to book a restaurant or order some munch. Owned by an Aussie :) App Store link

doesn't handbrake do this?
    Bennettnz
    Macbook Pro 13"/Mac Pro 2.66ghz quad/imac 24" x 3/iMac 21"/iMac 17"/G5 1.8 ghz/eMac 1.25ghz/Apple TV/iPad/iPhone... iDebt massive - (thanks Steve!)

Quote Originally Posted by bennettnz View Post
    doesn't handbrake do this?
    Yep. Most certainly does. Bottom selection under Audio & Subtitles
    Kushti

Handbrake will do it, but can you get it to display subs when there is another language spoken in the movie?

astr0b0y Guest

Yep, if the DVD has a subtitle track that type. Select "Forced Subs Only".

exactly what i needed. Thanks
    Check out this app and maybe use it to book a restaurant or order some munch. Owned by an Aussie :) App Store link

What about using ffmpegx and "burning" the subtitle into the movie rather than including the .srt file with the movie file? I've done it many times and it works well.