Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

Join the discussions, Register Now!

Thread: iBook Battery

Hi,

I have a clamshell 300Mhz Orange iBook and the battery lasts for about 2Hours
    but i would like it to last for longer, What could i do to make it last longer??
    If their is nothing really that i can do then does anyone know a place when i can get the Battery
    re-celled in Sydney??
    Thanks
    My Macs: MacBook Pro 17", Powerbook Ti 867Mhz, Powermac 5500 Black, iBook G3 900Mhz, Powermac MDD, Powermac 8600 250Mhz, Intel Core Duo 1.66Ghz Mac Mini, iMac G4 17" 1Ghz, eMac 1Ghz, eMac 800Mhz,
    AppleCollector Sales Service/Sales/Support/Trade In's

You can't do anything to get the battery to last longer. It's quite an old laptop and batteries age after a period of time. 2 hours is normal for a laptop that old.
    If you want to get the battery re-packed, you may be out of luck. I know Lithium-Ion batteries can't be done (or to get it done costs just as much as a new one).
    If you look in the Yellow Pages under Batteries, you'll find a place close to you that can do battery re-packing.

Maybe you can get a new battery? Might be a cheaper option?

There's heaps of iBook batteries on ebay for around $110 - about half of what it would cost to get your old one repacked. They're non-genuine but who gives a rats'. I bought one of these last year and I get 4-6 hours out of it.

Moved to Apple Hardware. applecollector, please post these topics into the relevant forum - think before you post!

JB