Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

Join the discussions, Register Now!

Default New nano Crashes on connect

My new 3rd gen nano now crashes on connect to my mac. As far as the computer is concered its as if nothing was connected at all no itunes no mounted drive.

The ipod freeezes on the connected screen and I am forced to reset every time.

I have rest my computer tried new usb ports and of course many times reset the ipod any ideas ?
    Sick of Bullshit? Go here
    www.youngausskeptics.com

iBook 14'' 1GB Ram, MBP(santa) 15" 4GB ram, iPod Nano(3G) 4gb, iPod shuffle 512mb, iPod Touch 8gb.

system profiler - any ideas, might be just a dud mate... try the old 5 apple r's but sounds like you are already onto that...
    Unibody MacBook 2.4GHz C2D, Apple 23" HD Display and Black 16GB iPhone 3G...
    Successful Sales - chrism238, ARB, Bob, Goodbye, chrissara, garrymacdonald, lavo, jubilantjeremy, Jordan M, mulquemi, avolve x 2, macaholic, warren21, Meh 626...

The 5 apple r's didnt work. I booted the ipod into diskmode and it was recognised so I did an imeadiate restore. So far so good I dont know if the problem will return. I guess it helps to have disk mdoe enabled even if you dont use it
    www.youngausskeptics.com

iBook 14'' 1GB Ram, MBP(santa) 15" 4GB ram, iPod Nano(3G) 4gb, iPod shuffle 512mb, iPod Touch 8gb.

Nope problem returned. Should I take it back? or could it be just he new firmware. Apple have a habbt recently of making the device run worse with new firmware (point in case APEBS n).

Would I get it replaced immediately or wait for a million years to get it looked at?
    www.youngausskeptics.com

Updated the firmware again? (1.0.3. or whatever it is?)

Just came out recently... though maybe you have that applied?

yeah I did a restore. 1.0.2 is the latest
    www.youngausskeptics.com

Hmm I'm not sure if this is any help but I've got the new firmware update... and no problems so far. Maybe yours is slightly defective? :O