Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

Join the discussions, Register Now!

Default macbook pro - where is omnioutliner?

according to the website when i ordered, my mbp should have come omnioutliner.

the problem is that it isn't on my machine, nor is it in the bundled applications package. has anyone else noticed this application missing?

i have some outliner files from my old powerbook that i want to open on my mbp but i can't. i don't really want to purchase a license since it was supposed to be bundled with my pretty new machine.

its on my MBP, but i cant be sure how it got there - might be from the trasfer of all my apps rom my old PB.

Could be on one of the install discs.

Haha, yeah, my G5 iMac apparently came with a whole bunch of software but I never saw it. It was probably on the install discs but never thought to check. Maybe I should do that someday...

i checked on the install disks and there is nothing there. i guess i'll give apple a call and see whats up.

Maybe the install is optional, and you need to custom install and find the option to include.

its not with the bundled apps on the disk. it seems weird to me that everything else would in the bundled apps package except for omnioutliner and that it didn't come installed.

still haven't called apple but will post when i find out.

I got omnioutliner on my macbook when I got it in July, which was from the US, but I don't think that should really matter

my mbp 17" santa rosa (with ilife 06) comes with this thing on the bundled disc, but it was not installed on the system when I recieved it - perhaps apple's image builder made a mistake?

mine is an ilife 08 version. perhaps they messed up a little.

I had that come on my MBP, it was in applications folder in a folder labled installers or something odd like that
    Check out my cool applications:
    InsomniaX | WiFiScriptor | Utility-Lock (SleepLock/AutoLock) | SyncBar

I just checked mine, OmniOutliner was in my Applications folder.

Quote Originally Posted by 123 View Post
    according to the website when i ordered, my mbp should have come omnioutliner.

the problem is that it isn't on my machine, nor is it in the bundled applications package. has anyone else noticed this application missing?

i have some outliner files from my old powerbook that i want to open on my mbp but i can't. i don't really want to purchase a license since it was supposed to be bundled with my pretty new machine.
    whaddya use outliner for?

Quote Originally Posted by halledise View Post
    whaddya use outliner for?
    I heard (in the podcast) that decryption uses it during the podcast as a method of keeping the conversation topics on the straight and narrow

Off topic prehaps you could use migration assistant to move it across,

Actually that would break the license agreement, so strike that idea!

EDIT: is it listed in the tech specs for your model?
    MB 2.0 C2D

Quote Originally Posted by big-ray View Post
    I heard (in the podcast) that decryption uses it during the podcast as a method of keeping the conversation topics on the straight and narrow

Off topic prehaps you could use migration assistant to move it across,

Actually that would break the license agreement, so strike that idea!

EDIT: is it listed in the tech specs for your model?
    yes it is listed, or was when i made the order i haven't checked to see if it is still there now.

i use it to plan things. i find that it is a great tool when writing documents that have a number of different sections, then when i make the final copy i use it as a reference. i could use text edit or word but i find it is much easier to keep ideas organized in outliner

Quote Originally Posted by 123 View Post
    yes it is listed, or was when i made the order
    if you can show it was/is listed with your model, maybe you have a case with apple, or the developer.

good luck!
    MB 2.0 C2D

I dont mind much about OmniOutliner. I was shocked when I bought my black macbook last year and it came without OmniGraffle!